+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Into the Play Offs

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Injuries and goals aside, Clark has not done enough work to merit PotY for me. Safranko knocks his pan in every game and has also had his fair share of important goals.

After that, i dont think anyone else has had enough appearances to merit consideration, although if there was a Since January title, Reynolds would be in with a shout!
    This for me. Safrankos all round game, on top of his goals, wins him POTY imo. How many times when it's backs to the wall is he defending on his own 18 yard line. He's forever closing players down & chasing lost causes, as well as sticking the ball in the net. Class player who's really coming onto a game at the right time.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    This for me. Safrankos all round game, on top of his goals, wins him POTY imo. How many times when it's backs to the wall is he defending on his own 18 yard line. He's forever closing players down & chasing lost causes, as well as sticking the ball in the net. Class player who's really coming onto a game at the right time.
    I’m a massive fan of Safranko though I’m still a bit scarred by the QOS defeat. His chasing down of defences has though won us a lot of points this season. Great effort and knows how to score as well.

With POTY it’s like a season of three parts...

The csaba team didn’t include Mcmullan or Robson. Apart from Benji no one has really survived. Stanton still plays sometimes. Clark injured for large parts and Safranko arrived after the start of season.

The pre Jan Neilson team started ok but then had a very bad patch. Aird got player of the month at one stage but then out on loan. Not much of that team has survived either.

Post Jan team is much better! Reynolds, Robson good. Calum Butcher hugely important. I think Safranko and Clark as the consistent picks of the front players.

The future is bright - just hope we can win these play offs. Don’t want any more disappointment there

Clark is poty for me 👍

Safranko for me, gives everything and lifts the crowd

Safranko is without any doubt over the season, any other result would be fake news

Butcher I feel could have ran him close if he had joined in summer

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    If I could choose it'd be St Mirren. No plastic pitch to worry about and we already know we can beat them at their place.

Any of then providing we get there, nothing to fear, Hamilton would be sweet though after two years ago and they seem the poorest on the road

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Any of then providing we get there, nothing to fear, Hamilton would be sweet though after two years ago and they seem the poorest on the road
    Yeah I bet Hibs thought that too. No thanks, St Mirren for me.

That's not much of a comparison, Hibs were the prem side, a poor one on a downward spiral, Accies were a better side than they are now, Hibs won 2-0 on the plastic in the first leg then last 2-0 at home in the second leg then lost on pens

Accies are weaker than they were when we faced them two years ago, when a ref decision robbed us in the first leg, like I say would be sweet to relegate them and for me they overall would be easier than st mirren but I'd take anyone as more concerned about gettin the opportunity to play a prem side

If Safranko keeps banging them in and during play offs I can happily agree - in fact his recent form may just push him to poty. I would not argue even though I had said Clark

Going to be hard picking a poty this season. Only Safranko, clark & McMullan have played reasonably regularly from the start of the season and possibly add Robson into the mix but he's only been decent when playing at left mid so not much to pick from is there? No stand out player. The main thing is we are hitting a bit of form at the right time and over the last 6 or so games you can see the belief and improvement by all the players and dare I say it from the goalie too.
    Last edited by Whitfieldarab; 21-04-2019 at 12:35 PM.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)