+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Into the Play Offs

Deserved or not county had 3 difficult games in the space of 7 days and dropped 2 points.
    That's a team with mental strength not like our bunch of bottle jobs.
    They deserve the title.

Quote Originally Posted by arab81 View Post
    Deserved or not county had 3 difficult games in the space of 7 days and dropped 2 points.
    They deserve the title.
    Yep, sad but true.

Quote Originally Posted by arab81 View Post
    They deserve the title.
    I agree, we are the leagues biggest bottlers. It would come as no surprise if Ayr beat us on Friday

Credit to County. They worked out how to grind out victories in this crappy league at the first time of asking unlike ourselves. They were rubbish again tonight but still managed to win. So on to Friday and let's hope we can finally lay a glove on Ayr Utd. Unreal that we haven't managed a goal against them in 3 games. Full strength team and no excuses. Get at them from the start of the game! Cmon Utd!

I would dearly love for us to get torn into Ayr on Friday night and get a decent win to set the standard for the run in to the playoffs. However since:

1 A member of the first team squad (Butcher I think) has been quoted in the media saying that we need to show that we are the best team in this league and
    2. The game is on telly

Then I think we will bottle it as usual. Hopefully the team will prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdad View Post
    1 A member of the first team squad (Butcher I think) has been quoted in the media saying that we need to show that we are the best team in this league and...
    Headline:

Calum Butcher says Dundee United now showing they are Championship’s best team

Why the to do we keep providing team talk material for opponents? Idiotic.

The worrying thing is despite signing a whole new team at a considerable cost,we haven’t managed to get any closer to county since Robbie took over which was 24 games or so ago.
    They have had the top striker out as well and other injuries to contend with yet are still well clear

I think Ayr will be really up for it on Friday. In order to pip us for 2nd, they have to win on Friday, win their game in hand (vs Partick) and match our results elswhere. Their vastly superior goal difference will do the rest.

Our players will be disappointed at losing out on the title. No doubt about it. But they need to get over that PDQ as there is still a lot of work to be done to secure 2nd. Starting with doing something we aint managed all season, and that is actually giving Ayr a game on Friday evening.

If we somehow construe to lose out on 2nd, I think the negativity will mean we don't even make it to the play-off final. However, if we can keep positive and finish a strong 2nd, I rekon we can go up via the play-off route.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefers View Post
    The worrying thing is despite signing a whole new team at a considerable cost,we haven’t managed to get any closer to county since Robbie took over which was 24 games or so ago.
    They have had the top striker out as well and other injuries to contend with yet are still well clear
    When Robbie took over after Csaba and then a few matches under Ellis we were 4th.

At that time we were 8 pts behind Ayr, 6 behind Rossco and 3 behind ICT.

Despite losses to Ayr we have caught them up. Despite a decent record in 3 matches v Rossco they have slightly extended their lead over us

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Headline:

Calum Butcher says Dundee United now showing they are Championship’s best team

Why the to do we keep providing team talk material for opponents? Idiotic.
    and without foundation at all as we arent

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)