+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Into the Play Offs

Into the Play Offs

Rossco win tonight means they have basically limped to the title. Pars now cannot mathematically catch us and we are in the play offs.

I am fed up of this league after 3 miserable seasons!

Time to knuckle down, secure 2nd place with win v Ayr on Friday and then focus on 4 massive play off matches to secure our future.

Come on United!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Rossco win tonight means they have basically limped to the title. Pars now cannot mathematically catch us and we are in the play offs.

I am fed up of this league after 3 miserable seasons!

Time to knuckle down, secure 2nd place with win v Ayr on Friday and then focus on 4 massive play off matches to secure our future.

Come on United!!!
    'Limped to the title'?!? How do you work that out? Even when we put a tiny bit of pressure on them they stood firm and won the matches they had to win. They are not a great team and have had their fair share of injuries but they've still showed the balls I would be desperate for United to have.

RC are a **** team. But they have heart. I said co managers never work. Clearly they do - well against crap.

Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    'Limped to the title'?!? How do you work that out? Even when we put a tiny bit of pressure on them they stood firm and won the matches they had to win. They are not a great team and have had their fair share of injuries but they've still showed the balls I would be desperate for United to have.
    Last few matches they have been really poor

Against ICT they were the worst team and very lucky ref didn’t penalise their fouls and then sent off an ICT player after he was reacting to a situation where a player they already had on a yellow was not penalised for a bad foul

Against us they are very bad. We squandered lots of chances and self destructed to invite them on to equalise.

By all accounts pars all over them but switch off and miss lots of chances tonight

They look in bad form with injures taking their toll

Our own stupid fault not to take advantage of situation

Secure our future?? Don't think that's the case at all now, goes without saying promotion this season would be welcome by all but we are better positioned to go for automatic promotion next season if we were still in this division than we ever were this season regardless of what happens between now and end of May

And County didn't limp to the title but we took the pressure off them by missing chances the last two games or it would have been a very different story

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Secure our future?? Don't think that's the case at all now, goes without saying promotion this season would be welcome by all but we are better positioned to go for automatic promotion next season if we were still in this division than we ever were this season regardless of what happens between now and end of May

And County didn't limp to the title but we took the pressure off them by missing chances the last two games or it would have been a very different story
    ^^^ This

At the end of the day the table never lies. Lucky or otherwise Rossco have got more points than the rest. Reality is points total is all that counts in the end when it comes to automatic promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post

Doesn’t mean they haven’t deserved it over the season. Last few matches though they have been poor and they have limped home imo.

I wouldn’t underestimate the financial implications of another season in the lower leagues.

The Ogren investment is very welcome but there can’t be unlimited funds and another season underwriting losses and playing mediocre sides is something we should want to avoid.

A year is long time in football. Nothing is guaranteed in the future.

Who knows what the long term cost might be if we miss out again on getting out of this league

I think County are gonna keep on limping along to the end of the season now, getting their draw next week in front of the cameras.

So now that we have a game in front of the cameras on Friday where we need to win, can anyone tell me what happens next?

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    I think County are gonna keep on limping along to the end of the season now, getting their draw next week in front of the cameras.

So now that we have a game in front of the cameras on Friday where we need to win, can anyone tell me what happens next?
    I actually think this might be the one where we end the treble hoodoo...win in front of cameras ...on Friday night...against Ayr United!

We are due a big victory with all the chances we are creating

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)