+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who is going to Swindon then ?

Who is going to Swindon then ?

Probably depends on whether anything is riding on the game I know.

Impossible to predict given the unexpected results recently.

1. If we have been relegated - Do I want to see Notts in their final league game for at least a season?

400 Pies

2. If we are safe (yeah I know) - it would be great to have a few beers, sit back and just watch a game of football.

800 Pies

3. If we need something but fail to get it - do I want to potentially be one of those blokes you see on TV sitting with his head in his hands blubbering?

1200 Pies

4. If we need something and get it to stay up - good Lord what a day and trip home.

1200 Pies

I think it will be number 4, with some middle aged bloke sat with his head in his hands blubbering?

Looking forward to my trip to Gresty Road in the meantime.

Jesus, who writes these scripts?

1 it's not the best place to travel to

Not a ****ing chance... I’ve spent enough money watching this crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Scanlon's Hatrick View Post

Jesus, who writes these scripts?

The football gods - and they seem to have it in for us.

I have a sneaking suspicion we might be relegated before the last game, or maybe as good as with our goal difference. Things can change so quickly at this stage. If we lose on Saturday and the other two teams win, it's looking bleak as ****.

It also looks like we'll need high 40s to stay up, which means we need promotion-winning form for the last 5 games. But how many times have we bottled it when we really needed a performance? We seem to be in a cycle of ****ing everything up, then randomly winning a couple once everyone has lost hope, then failing to capitalise on those wins and sinking back into an impossible position again. Why would it change now?

With that rail replacement bus in the rain on the way back from Gillingham (only to London) still fresh in the memory, I have cleared the diary with a heavy heart...

Won't be going, went Gillingham away when we went down and not in a rush to repeat the journey. Think we'll be gone after the Grimsby game anyway.

I'll be there, either to cheer on the Pies for the last time in the Football League, or to scream us to a staying up victory!! But really to try and negotiate the magic roundabout again...

Quote Originally Posted by Ben the Pie View Post
    I'll be there, either to cheer on the Pies for the last time in the Football League, or to scream us to a staying up victory!! But really to try and negotiate the magic roundabout again...
    I will be on one of the coaches so not my problem. It could be a very solemn journey home....

I'll be there, all arranged.
    Chances are it'll be the decisive day and we will need something. Gulp!

... I'll be there to see us secure the point(s) to stay in the League. COYP!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast