+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wim coming to get yeaw

Wim coming to get yeaw

... Look over you shoulder boys. Shouldn't have sacked DM without a plan

Quote Originally Posted by samhubball View Post
    Can you take that excuse for a keeper Johnstone back to Vile Park - worst keeper ever to see!!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Can you take that excuse for a keeper Johnstone back to Vile Park - worst keeper ever to see!!
    I was gutted we didn't get him again this year at the start of the season. Did you buy him or is he on loan?

We bought him.
    We would have got less points from the last five games if we had stuck with Moore.

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    We bought him.
    We would have got less points from the last five games if we had stuck with Moore.
    Are yousure? Leeds, Aston Villa, Bristol City, Sheffield Utd, all gone through lean patches this season but hung on to the manager. All looking in better shape than us at the moment. Should have stuck with what we had and where he got us. We are in a worse position now than when he was kicked out, the gap is closing.

It's all conjecture whether we would have gained more or less points had we kept DM. While I was never in the 'Moore Out' camp I was becoming increasingly concerned with the tactics, selections and substitutions. It appeared to me that he didn't learn from his mistakes and that we were too predictable to play against. The biggest mistake however is the fact that we didn't have a replacement lined up. Another problem was the fact that Shan was fortunate enough to win his first three games in charge without playing very well. This, in their eyes, justified the fact that the board had put him in temporary charge. However, the last two away games have disproved this. I was at both games and we were shambolic in defence and inept in midfield. With five games remaining, unless something surprising occurs, Shan will be in charge for the rest of the season. We probably need another three wins to secure a play-off place and looking at the fixtures we SHOULD do this. It is imperative that we beat Preston on Saturday but even if we do, and gain a play-off place, I don't see us gaining promotion as all the sides likely to be in the play-offs are in better form than we are.

Although I hate to say this but personally I think that we would be better off missing out on the play offs this year.

If that happened then it would give us the opportunity to offload some of those overpaid prima donnas who strut around the pitch believing that they are too good for the Championship. We desperately need to introduce more pace into midfield and certainly a new goalkeeper.

Maybe a new manager will be able to identify our deficiencies but I'm not holding my breath after the last two appointments!

Quote Originally Posted by samhubball View Post
    I wouldn't worry about this we're chasing you down bollux lads, the Tw*ts tried it with us last year and as we all know it didn't end well for em'!!

Quote Originally Posted by Evewolf65 View Post
    I wouldn't worry about this we're chasing you down bollux lads, the Tw*ts tried it with us last year and as we all know it didn't end well for em'!!
    Eve, if they catch us the do, if they don’t well shame on them. We are like a stag with not legs, even a snail would be catch us at present.

Quote Originally Posted by Evewolf65 View Post
    With new owners, scoring goals, playing well and a proper footballing manager at the helm whilst Fulham have gone down spending £100M I'd say it's worked out not too bad. I just don't get your hostility fella, every fan I speak to about Wolves has nothing but respect for what's been achieved there in the last couple of years.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)