+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Life in the Conference

While we're not down yet, I also think we'll be relegated. We've had so many chances to pull clear and we've missed them all. I can't see that changing at this stage.

So, life in the conference. Who knows? A lot will depend on our new owners and their vision for the club. And by vision I mean money. We've got some decent players under contract - a midfield of Rose, O'brien and Doyle wouldn't be too bad. If they stick around. Obviously we'll need a clear out whatever happens, as we've currently got two squads' worth of players.

It's too early to make predictions, but if we are relegated, I expect we'll do roughly the same as most clubs who drop down to that level do - fanny about midtable or lower for a few seasons before eventually pushing for promotion. The problem is, you can be one of the best teams in that division and miss out. So who knows how long we'll be down there.

In some ways I can understand the gloom and despondency from some, however, my hope - and belief -is that the players don't share that. There are five games to go and this relegation battle has all the hallmarks and indications of going down to the wire on the very last day. I'm sure Macclesfield and Yeovil would be delighted to know that Notts had thrown the towel in - it would make their difficult job so much easier.

I don't think that will happen with the Notts players at all. There's a twist and turn or three to come yet.

Quote Originally Posted by M1cksut View Post
    i hope you buy enough for all of you, its rude to leave your friends out!
    I thought you'd already taken a large dose and done humanity a favour. We can but hope.

I’m hoping the manager, players and coaches are thinking like me and remaining positive and optimistic that we are more than capable of staying up.

Now is not the time for doom and gloom it’s far too early for that kind of mindset. The only time that should ever kick in is should there come a time where we do actually get relegated. Until then it’s business as usual and concentrate on getting 9 points from 15 on offer so 3 wins from 5 games.

There are some good points made with regards to Forest because by default they currently play two levels higher than us and the further we fall the easier it becomes for them to attract a new generation of supporters. We had our best chance of closing the gap when they were in League One in the 00’s but we were stuck in League Two fighting for our lives (no change there).

I agree that we should fight to the end, but that doesn't change the fact that I think it's more likely we'll go down than stay up. Nothing pessimistic about it; my opinion is simply based on what I've seen so far this season and what I know about football.

In view of the remarks from the recent court appearance stating that the club are unsure who will pay the tax bill in the event that we are relegated. This would suggest that we may be in for more financial troubles..

If Alan hardy says it’s going to be alright then stop worrying everything is going to be alright..... apparently !

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    I’m hoping the manager, players and coaches are thinking like me and remaining positive and optimistic that we are more than capable of staying up.

Now is not the time for doom and gloom it’s far too early for that kind of mindset. The only time that should ever kick in is should there come a time where we do actually get relegated. Until then it’s business as usual and concentrate on getting 9 points from 15 on offer so 3 wins from 5 games.
    It would appear that our potential new owners are not listening to you.

The lessons of the last two take-overs have shown that the impetus of new drive and optimism has raised the standards but I suspect that this consortium or whatever will prefer to take the cheaper option of buying us from the administrator for a couple of peanuts. That doesn't make for a very positive statement even if financially sensible and what both RT (in particular) and AH should have done.

Quote Originally Posted by nottsco2002 View Post
    I thought you'd already taken a large dose and done humanity a favour. We can but hope.
    how rude!

How many ex-league clubs have kicked off life in the 5th tier with brand new owners in place?

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast