+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Life in the Conference

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    How many ex-league clubs have kicked off life in the 5th tier with brand new owners in place?
    I'm beginning to wonder about these 'new owners'. Looks like not one member of staff, not the manager, or any of the players have met them. Please tell me that's not unusual?

To be brutally honest I just can't bear the thought of non league football and as to how Notts got into this crap position makes me seethe. So unecessary but now so unpleasant. I'm not giving up until the final whistle of the final game. And I certainly don't think going down will benefit County at all. That is utter bolox.

I want to be 100 percent wrong. But I thought we were going to get relegated after the Cambridge home defeat

SLACK: "While we're not down yet, I also think we'll be relegated. We've had so many chances to pull clear and we've missed them all. I can't see that changing at this stage."

This is my view too. Obviously, we all hope we can still stay up, but the whole season has shown that every time we get a massive chance to make progress the players blow it. Hopefully we can do "an Orient" & press for an immediate return next year.

Quote Originally Posted by wossie View Post
    I want to be 100 percent wrong. But I thought we were going to get relegated after the Cambridge home defeat
    After the Cambridge game in January we were dead and buried. At least now we are fighting for our lives - can’t ask for more than that. The way the players defended last week for the last 40 minutes showed their commitment. We need the same tomorrow.

I’m cautiously optimistic, especially if we win tomorrow and Yeovil and Crawley draw. We are going to have to win a home game as well, though - which could be the biggest problem.

The fat lady may be gargling in preparation but it ain't over yet.

Yes we've missed lots of chances to pull clear but we're not down yet.

Even if we do get relegated, I do hope you cheery sod's who have us down already will still be in attendance

COYP

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    I agree that we should fight to the end, but that doesn't change the fact that I think it's more likely we'll go down than stay up. Nothing pessimistic about it; my opinion is simply based on what I've seen so far this season and what I know about football.

I’m not here to preach to people to change their thoughts. I can fully understand why you and other people think we will go down and agree it’s not being pessimistic to think that.

It’s things like “we are relegated” or “we won’t win” this game or that game kind of mindset the supporters should not have yet. None of us know what the future holds. We still have a chance of survival and are capable of winning football matches against any of the teams we are due to play.

It’s so important for supporters to be on board at this stage of the season to be the 12th man. Creating an atmosphere of getting behind the team at games both home and away can make a big difference

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    I’m not here to preach to people to change their thoughts. I can fully understand why you and other people think we will go down and agree it’s not being pessimistic to think that.

It’s things like “we are relegated” or “we won’t win” this game or that game kind of mindset the supporters should not have yet. None of us know what the future holds. We still have a chance of survival and are capable of winning football matches against any of the teams we are due to play.

It’s so important for supporters to be on board at this stage of the season to be the 12th man. Creating an atmosphere of getting behind the team at games both home and away can make a big difference
    Yes, I agree absolutely. If I could get to the remaining five games, I would sing my heart out. Instead, I'll be behind them all the way via iFollow. I've never been one to boo or harass players during a match, no matter how bad we play.

But all of that doesn't change the fact that I think we'll go down, based on how this season has gone up until now. I also think we'll probably lose tomorrow. Of course, I'd be delighted to be proven wrong on both counts.

This season has never felt like a 'Great Escape' in the making. We've never managed to get any momentum going, and we continuously throw away chances to get out of the bottom two. On top of that, it just seems to be one of those seasons where we won't get the luck we need to turn draws into wins, or losses into draws. Still, it's not over until it's over.
    Last edited by slack_pie; 12-04-2019 at 05:47 PM.

The fans have been doing that all season it's made no difference at all

Is it possible that if the crowd sat quietly in their seats it would affect performances negatively? How much worse could it get? The Kop has bellowed and roared at every home game even after the other team's inevitable first goal went in, it went quieter after the second and what did you expect after the third? Some people are only human after all. Being let down so often would get any crowd onto the player's backs but the Notts herd vocally have given their all despite being fed such tripe as we've seen this season.

I can't imagine the players follow Notts Mad and become so depressed that they get even worse but if they are that emotionally vulnerable then what they hear during a game should, in effect, wind them back up to play their hearts out - but they don't.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast