+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Life in the Conference

on the bright side relegation means we dont have to play burnley u35s in the paintpot cup next season hopefully by time we come back they'll have ended that pathetic competition

Quote Originally Posted by bridpie78 View Post
    I never thought i'd want us to go down but i feel like we have to go down or we'll be back here next may with the same story different characters , a fresh start and a kick up the arse is needed i'm hoping for the kind of rebirth that clubs like luton,mansfield and lincoln got by having to start over

also i dont like the idea of this bunch saving us and feeling like this was some sort of a success, even if we do survive by the skin of our teeth does anyone feel like running on the pitch like a goon and congratulating any of the players
    It's risky though. A bit like a highly invasive surgery that could save the club's life long term, but could also kill it off completely. For every club that have made it back up again, there are clubs like York and Stockport who are still languishing down there with no real hope of a revival.

What's worse, looking at clubs like Luton and even Lincoln doesn't fill me with any hope, simply because I cannot imagine a situation where we get our act together and get the right manager and players in. It's just not what we do (at least in recent times).

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    It's risky though. A bit like a highly invasive surgery that could save the club's life long term, but could also kill it off completely. For every club that have made it back up again, there are clubs like York and Stockport who are still languishing down there with no real hope of a revival.

What's worse, looking at clubs like Luton and even Lincoln doesn't fill me with any hope, simply because I cannot imagine a situation where we get our act together and get the right manager and players in. It's just not what we do (at least in recent times).
    I feel we have had the right managers in at times , but never gave them time to follow through there ideas.
    I will go as far back as Short ( although I'm sure there were many before him) , through to Kewell...

I think the key whatever league we are in is the strategy of the new owners. As Slack said, I also don't have the confidence we would run the club properly to result in an outcome like Lincoln and Luton. In part I agree with Brid that a complete rethink in strategy is needed but also think would we get that or come back up?

I think we need a new owner to clearly define his strategy, get the right team in place for that plan and stick to their guns when thinks might not be going well if they have belief in the long term goals.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910