+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dens !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dens !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the grand old lady isnt getting any younger but neither was easter rd/tynie etc

the yanks promised it would be bought back by now,it hasnt

is there an appetite from the fans to do so?

me id love it,some place thats been part of my life/everyones life for so long ,why the hell should we just stand by and watch her start to crumble?because our yankee owners say they HOPE to build a new stadium.

Dens Road gates have been fixed though.

It's tragic really.

The amount of money we have spent on **** players and paying off managers and coaching staff cud have seen Dens back in the club's ownership.

Those that still go will get a fine view of her from the George fox stand when we move over the road.

after running into probs re campy(im guessing)

i think that was plan "a" mate
    then they found out about the "a" shares

In my opinion the amount of money that that has been spent since the Yanks took over on rental and repairs such as ripping up the pitch every two years would have have more than paid for the cost of buying back Dens.
    We still have to pay for repairs and improvements whether we own Dens or rent it from Sandeman Properties.
    Earlier this week I came across an article in the Scottish Sun from May 2018 where Nelms stated that if the new stadium was not ready for the start of the 20-21 season they (FPS) would buy back Dens Park.
    There is no chance of the new stadium being built by then as a large planning application even if it was submitted today would take at least four months to obtain planning permission assuming that there were no complaints which will not happen.
    Last edited by islaydarkblue; 12-04-2019 at 11:05 AM. Reason: Typo

does anyone think that Dens can be made to pay it's way? That was the reason for moving. There isn't a business plan that would make the money needed to support a competitive team. also with a new ownre there might be new conditions of use applied to retain the safety licence. i was once involved in a redesign of part of a property and the whole fire certificate system was reviewed and conditions imposed that had not been deemed necessary prior to the changes. The rules applied to areas that were not affected by the redesign in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    does anyone think that Dens can be made to pay it's way? That was the reason for moving. There isn't a business plan that would make the money needed to support a competitive team. also with a new ownre there might be new conditions of use applied to retain the safety licence. i was once involved in a redesign of part of a property and the whole fire certificate system was reviewed and conditions imposed that had not been deemed necessary prior to the changes. The rules applied to areas that were not affected by the redesign in any way.
    I don't want to get nearly but but this paying it's way thing....it's paying FPS to move

We are never going to be "competitive" at the top end, best we can aspire to is mid table really....and that cud be done at Dens...I don't see why its not impossible.

Who are we chasing here b cram? Mwell, st j and killie?....that can't be done at Dens?....I doubt either of those teams have bigger budgets than ours.

The top 2 then the next 3 are way way out our reach now.....the dabs can kid themselves on about there being 6 club's....there isnae...there was then we fell away in the late seventies.

What's the plan here, why rant the yanks talking except in clandestine meetings.

What's the end game?

Quote Originally Posted by shaded View Post
    after running into probs re campy(im guessing)

i think that was plan "a" mate
    then they found out about the "a" shares
    they knew about the A shares, what they maybe didn't know was the t&cs related to the lease which saw the costs rise exponentially thanks to dfcss. Otherwise they would surely have done something to stop the costs mounting up to the point where overall lease payments must be higher than the actual purchase price

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    I don't want to get nearly but but this paying it's way thing....it's paying FPS to move

We are never going to be "competitive" at the top end, best we can aspire to is mid table really....and that cud be done at Dens...I don't see why its not impossible.

Who are we chasing here b cram? Mwell, st j and killie?....that can't be done at Dens?....I doubt either of those teams have bigger budgets than ours.

The top 2 then the next 3 are way way out our reach now.....the dabs can kid themselves on about there being 6 club's....there isnae...there was then we fell away in the late seventies.

What's the plan here, why rant the yanks talking except in clandestine meetings.

What's the end game?
    I agree that we need to look at other teams to give us a guide as to what we could achieve. St J make money through their conference facilities and funeral teas. According to John Nelms this gave them the equivalent funding from 6000 ST's. If you look at motherwell's figures they had a bumper year recently when they made the finals of both the League cup and the Scottish Cup. They have a strong youth set up and have a couple of directors who have helped them with matched funding. Killie are flying high and their ticket sales have risen substantially. If you want to do the same at Dens you need better training facilities, or put in a 4g artificial pitch to allow much greater use of the facilities, like Killie. FPS said they were hoping for 1000 more ST's that would be about £300k, but that was before they blew their budget by changing managers. If we are going to stay at Dens then we need a big reduction in the wage bill for the players. a lot of that could be achieved by having a much lower starting salary but the biggest saving would come from much better recruitment and a longer term plan for whoever is appointed manager.

I don't thing staying at Dens need be an end game at all. It just needs more supporters coming along to watch a team that actually scores goals and gets a reasonable number of clean sheets.

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    they knew about the A shares, what they maybe didn't know was the t&cs related to the lease which saw the costs rise exponentially thanks to dfcss. Otherwise they would surely have done something to stop the costs mounting up to the point where overall lease payments must be higher than the actual purchase price
    This has been a recurring theme. I think that Woodstein gave a detailed breakdown of the property costs, but I can't find it. Maybe he reads this forum and can help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)