+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dens !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A breakdown based on supposed lease payments of 50k a year isn't really tenable, is it? Dens costs over 500k a year, that has been out there for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    I agree that we need to look at other teams to give us a guide as to what we could achieve. St J make money through their conference facilities and funeral teas. According to John Nelms this gave them the equivalent funding from 6000 ST's. If you look at motherwell's figures they had a bumper year recently when they made the finals of both the League cup and the Scottish Cup. They have a strong youth set up and have a couple of directors who have helped them with matched funding. Killie are flying high and their ticket sales have risen substantially. If you want to do the same at Dens you need better training facilities, or put in a 4g artificial pitch to allow much greater use of the facilities, like Killie. FPS said they were hoping for 1000 more ST's that would be about £300k, but that was before they blew their budget by changing managers. If we are going to stay at Dens then we need a big reduction in the wage bill for the players. a lot of that could be achieved by having a much lower starting salary but the biggest saving would come from much better recruitment and a longer term plan for whoever is appointed manager.

I don't thing staying at Dens need be an end game at all. It just needs more supporters coming along to watch a team that actually scores goals and gets a reasonable number of clean sheets.
    Glad you understood the gist of the post as it was a bit of grammatical graveyard and spelling disaster.

Getting in the shower thinking in the Dundee dialect and typing rarely works.

Motherwell seem to have a good year every 3 or 4 and no disasterous season's for years, they seem to be able to work with what they have got and have a encouragement of their younger fans and their ground is functional and tidy if a wee bit odd looking.

St j cudnt have got luckier with old McDonald park but have appointed good managers and never seem to fuss about how many fans they get in.....teas worth 6000 season tics...hard to believe but they certainly ain't spending like they have 8000 season tic holders.

Killie the club most like us I think but haven't increased there fan base much although they are travelling in much bigger numbers.

I'd accept a plastic pitch to stay at Dens.

Surely it just takes a manager who is willing to work within constraints unlike the last pair of utter ****s who wanted their own teams and did absolutely nothing with them. Nelms seems to think Dundee are a top six club which is ridiculous, he has noticed a few wee changes in the league since 2014, surely.

Just to add if my memory is correct Islay is right 're season 20/21.....14 months away and up to this point we have a few drawings, a paper mache model and errr I'm not sure what else.

What I think our support forgot about when Nelms first announced plans for the stadium was a plan b....cause FPS only seen to have plan A.

Whilst fans were dreaming saying they wanted this and that and the next thing in any stadium we shud have been getting funds together long term to buy Dens back just in case campy pie in the sky never materialised.

Maybe I'm wrong and we will move to campy whilst in the championship, burn enough bodies and sell enough scones to live happily ever after but can anybody be confident this ground will happen?

Neither will happen ,Dens will not be bought back ,Campy Nou won't happen ,FPS will piss off and put it down to a failed business deal that's all it is to them to think otherwise is kidology.
    It's the way our club has been run for the last 60 years.
    My old man was on first name terms with a lot of the 62 players as they drank in the Shakey and he worked behind the bar ,he stopped going to games when that team was effectively sold off( I know gillie had a bit of a strop) but he actually started to look for Aberdeen's result in the last 20 years or so as it left a lot of bitterness that I couldn't really understand....but for the first time I'm starting to get where he was coming from ,I would never follow another Scottish team probably just find something else to do ,we're not working in jute mills all week and football provides the escape anymore there's a lot of choices at weekends now.
    Our clubs been run by sharlatans for as long as I can remember...will we survive this lot.....no ...I don't think we will...

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    Surely it just takes a manager who is willing to work within constraints unlike the last pair of utter ****s who wanted their own teams and did absolutely nothing with them. Nelms seems to think Dundee are a top six club which is ridiculous, he has noticed a few wee changes in the league since 2014, surely.
    Said when they 1st came, top 6 gives them 1 realistic spot to aim for as 5 of them shud be filled by the big 5.

We shud always aim for as high as we can but I can't remember another time when the big 5 have got their **** together at the same time...

Give me 8th or 9th and a 3 or 4 semis/finals every 10/12 years.....Dee****inglighted

Quote Originally Posted by Mudskipper View Post
    Neither will happen ,Dens will not be bought back ,Campy Nou won't happen ,FPS will piss off and put it down to a failed business deal that's all it is to them to think otherwise is kidology.
    It's the way our club has been run for the last 60 years.
    My old man was on first name terms with a lot of the 62 players as they drank in the Shakey and he worked behind the bar ,he stopped going to games when that team was effectively sold off( I know gillie had a bit of a strop) but he actually started to look for Aberdeen's result in the last 20 years or so as it left a lot of bitterness that I couldn't really understand....but for the first time I'm starting to get where he was coming from ,I would never follow another Scottish team probably just find something else to do ,we're not working in jute mills all week and football provides the escape anymore there's a lot of choices at weekends now.
    Our clubs been run by sharlatans for as long as I can remember...will we survive this lot.....no ...I don't think we will...
    That's been my worry for 18 months now mudskipper....we won't survive this.....massive malaise.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Said when they 1st came, top 6 gives them 1 realistic spot to aim for as 5 of them shud be filled by the big 5.

We shud always aim for as high as we can but I can't remember another time when the big 5 have got their **** together at the same time...

Give me 8th or 9th and a 3 or 4 semis/finals every 10/12 years.....Dee****inglighted
    when Dundee got that top 6 under Hartley, hibs, hearts and rangers were in the fizzy pop. Surely nelms didn't think dundee could make top six when those 3 were in the big league. Just how clueless is he

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)