+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Now we are safe

Now we are safe

It'll be interesting to see how we play during the last few matches of the season with the pressure off

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    It'll be interesting to see how we play during the last few matches of the season with the pressure off
    I was just thinking that.

I can see some of our players taking foot of the gas. I hope they don't and i don't think Rafa will be happy they will but i reckon it'll happen.

I´m expecting a good attacking display at home to Southampton to dispell any last doubts about relegation. I want to see Almiron score.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    I´m expecting a good attacking display at home to Southampton to dispell any last doubts about relegation. I want to see Almiron score.
    That would be great to see. About time we totally dominated a game from start to finish and gave some poor sods a thrashing.

Said a while back Cardiff wouldn't catch us but it's nice to win and move further clear.Any win between now and the end will be a bonus as far as I am concerned.Rafa wont let them ease off between now and the end of season.

I think there is a good chance we'll lose to Saints sadly.

I think mentally some of ours will step back and Saints need the points still.

Hope i'm wrong mind.

Time to give some of the young ones a run out !
    Give Sorensen, sangare ,you’re and sterry a bit of game time.

Don't count your chickens,if we lost our last 4 games then Cardiff have 6 games to get the 11 points they need to overtake us because of goal difference.
    Eleven points out of a possible eigh**** is not impossible for Cardiff even though it is unlikely.

I'll wait until the fat lady sings.

Quote Originally Posted by sherwoodmag View Post
    Don't count your chickens,if we lost our last 4 games then Cardiff have 6 games to get the 11 points they need to overtake us because of goal difference.
    Eleven points out of a possible eigh**** is not impossible for Cardiff even though it is unlikely.

I'll wait until the fat lady sings.
    . Now Cardiff need 11 points out of 15 to pass us.

It's looking safer by the game.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)