+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Diame

Diame

He’s contract is up at the end of the season.
    If he gets played another 3? Times he gets a year extension automatically. He wants 2 year contract. What would you do? Play him or not???
    With him being 47 a 2year contract isn’t good.
    But we stand to loose a lot of CM in the summer, it’s not good to replace all in one go.
    It just depends on how little money the deadly Debenhams dealer gives us for transfers.
    Would you let him go? He doesn’t offer a great deal apart from his size

At 47 I'm amazed we gave him a contract in the first place

I like Diame but we need better - a player with his tackling and ability but also affers a bit more offensivley.

Rafa wants 75 million to strengthen the squad and fat boy just blew twice that in the Debenhams debacle. You could cry.

Some great comments from Rafa about his days at Napoli and how he made them a champions league team and also made a lot of money through buying wisely and improving players. He must have said this to fatty before but despite being a "brilliant" businessman (!) Ashley just does not understand the business of football.

We need to renew our whole centre midfield....

Longstaff will be the mainstay (hopefully) diame, Hayden and shelvey will (should) all be gone... we should bring in 2 and keep ki for the 2nd yr of his contract.

I think the 2 years he wants is to many.

However Rafa seems to like his presence and we don't want a massive turn over in the middle.

Personally, i'd let him go as i think we can replace with better.

I'd have no qualms about giving him 2 years. I think he's a decent squad player and although he's no world beater he does a decent job when called upon in the majority of cases....which....considering where we are as a club, he can be a valuable addition still, even as we add better quality.

Get shot, imo.

As I said the other day, the only thing he offers is tackling and that's just not enough. Every other aspect of his game is shocking-we need a CM to offer a lot more than he does.

He wasn't even good enough when we were in the championship.... we need far far better than him!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTBTUFXNaT4

He deserves a couple more years because of this. Jamnmiest goal I´ve ever seen and we didn´t deserve anything from this game (those points got us the title in the end!)

He has been a good servant and there are worse players than him but we need better, I agree.

We should only get rid when he has been suitably replaced. Another win to be mathmatically certain then bench him allowing some new blood a bit of game time.

Its all academic when Rafa goes and Pardews the gaffa again.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)