+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Sportscene

Quote Originally Posted by Hoofballer View Post
    It’s like the young gent who had a tragic outcome from a racing accident in lower formula racing now on Channel 4’s F1 programme offering his expert opinion on a things F1 ........don’t get that one either
    It’s the world we live in now where jobs are awarded not on ability but on other criteria around ***, colour etc.
    Kerr might be a decent pundit. I just can’t stand her.
    That doesn’t explain why sportscene at lunchtime has her and some other nonentity female as pundits.

Quote Originally Posted by JuanShoe View Post
    I'm not offended in the slightest. She's an international manager that has got Scotland to a world cup. Whether it is PC or not, she's done more in the game than most of the male experts that get similar gigs.
    As I said I just don’t like her personally.
    She’s done more certainly but it’s a lower level.
    There are good pundits and bad pundits. And it’s all about who we each like.
    I like Souness but can’t stand Jenas.
    And coincidentally don’t like that Alex Scott who’s now a regular on SKY.

Quote Originally Posted by An old shed boy View Post
    It’s the world we live in now where jobs are awarded not on ability but on other criteria around ***, colour etc.
    Kerr might be a decent pundit. I just can’t stand her.
    That doesn’t explain why sportscene at lunchtime has her and some other nonentity female as pundits.
    The other non-entity female is Scotland's all time record goal scorer at any level. But still lets get real genuine experts in the game like Allan Preston, Des McKeown, Tam McMannus and Neil McCann in. And out of interest, where are these numerous people who have jobs in Football based on their colour or gender?

The other non-entity female is Scotland's all time record goal scorer at any level. But still lets get real genuine experts in the game like Allan Preston, Des McKeown, Tam McMannus and Neil McCann in. And out of interest, where are these numerous people who have jobs in Football based on their colour or gender?
    Wasn’t meaning football with that comment but life in general.
    Where females are promoted over males to give an equal balance in the boardroom as an example.
    Maybe some people like the pundits you quoted. All about opinions.
    The point I’m making is that neither of these females would have been on tv years ago and are only on now because of pc.

They wouldn't have been considered years ago purely because of their gender.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    They wouldn't have been considered years ago purely because of their gender.
    I understand that Terry but what I’m trying to get across is that they are now being considered because of their gender.
    Decision taken to get females on tv so let’s find them.
    Not necessarily because they deserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by An old shed boy View Post
    Wasn’t meaning football with that comment but life in general.
    Where females are promoted over males to give an equal balance in the boardroom as an example.
    Maybe some people like the pundits you quoted. All about opinions.
    The point I’m making is that neither of these females would have been on tv years ago and are only on now because of pc.
    You do realise that there is still a significant pay gap between men and women in this country? And that women hold in or around just 12% of the highest paid jobs in this country? It is not PC that has put Scotland's manager and record goal scorer on to the telly now, it was the misogyny of the coverage that stopped them in the past.

You do realise that there is still a significant pay gap between men and women in this country? And that women hold in or around just 12% of the highest paid jobs in this country? It is not PC that has put Scotland's manager and record goal scorer on to the telly now, it was the misogyny of the coverage that stopped them in the past.
    Wow. I’m impressed 👍

So on what criteria does Tam McMannus "deserve" his job?

JuanShoe,
    Can you come up with any evidence that there is a real gender pay gap in this country in like for like jobs?

All i hear is people latching onto news headlines about this, but the reality is hell of a lot more complicated than a simplified headline!

I am all for the right people in the right jobs, but there is far too much tokenism going on, and in this case, the lassie today is no very good, but neither is Steven Thomson and Michael whats his face!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)