+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Sportscene

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Absolute misogynistic pish.
    Prepare to be called a snowflake by people raging a woman is doing punditry and don't understand irony....or any form of originality

Absolute misogynistic pish.
    Nothing misogynistic about it the Scottish womens league is amateur league ... can't imagine the BBC going along to fairmuir park and asking the coach and top scorer of Hilltown Hotspur to appear as a pundit in sportscene...the world's gone mad

Already was a mad world. Diversity and representation when you're trying to reach as big an audience as possible is a good thing. What about the presenters who chip in with opinions? Usually have no football experience at all but let's be honest that's not what this is about.

Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post
    Nothing misogynistic about it the Scottish womens league is amateur league ...
    The statement made wasn't about the Scottish game though, it was a general comment about all women's football.

Quote Originally Posted by Otm_Shank View Post
    Prepare to be called a snowflake by people raging a woman is doing punditry and don't understand irony....or any form of originality
    Why would he be called a snowflake?
    To call somebody a snowflake, muppet or anything else only highlights the poster doesn’t have the intellectual capacity to join in the discussion and put a different opinion.
    And thinks name calling is clever.

Are you suggesting all the male pundits go through a selection process like your describe?
    Not at all Terry.
    I have no idea what the process is but would guess it resolves around ‘who you know.’
    Personally I would like to see pundits be given a trial period after which public opinion should be taken into account.
    But my point is that Kerr is on there BECAUSE she’s a female.
    BBC decided in our PC world that a female has to be invited onto the program.
    And simply picked the highest profile.
    Out of curiosity has anybody actually listened to her and if so is she any good.

The statement made wasn't about the Scottish game though, it was a general comment about all women's football.
    The original post was about sportscene pundits that's why I made reference to it...just don't understand why people's opinions nowadays have to be labelled...the fact of life is that women would struggle in any contact sport with men...and my opinion the physicality of an under 15s team would be too much even for the best of women's football teams...only my opinion of course

Aha......she got the gig because she comes from Broxburn ?

Ticks the box for east / west balance , nowt to do with getting wifies on the show?

Quote Originally Posted by An old shed boy View Post
    Why would he be called a snowflake?
    To call somebody a snowflake, muppet or anything else only highlights the poster doesn’t have the intellectual capacity to join in the discussion and put a different opinion.
    And thinks name calling is clever.
    Yeah I don't think I'll be taking lectures about my 'intellectual capacity' from someone that calls a legend of Scottish women's football a 'hatchet faced boot' and can't tell the difference between the east and west of Scotland, ya muppet!

[QUOTE=jjaflup22;39195676]Yeah I don't think I'll be taking lectures about my 'intellectual capacity' from someone that calls a legend of Scottish women's football a 'hatchet faced boot' and can't tell the difference between the east and west of Scotland, ya

Wasn’t a lecture it’s a statement of fact.
    Anyone can resort to name calling it’s not difficult.
    Bit ironic that seeing as that’s what I did myself.
    I could easily resort to insulting you but won’t.
    I learned a long time ago not to argue with an idiot as they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)