+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Fcuk off Ardley

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Why on earth do some fools on here think that a man who Chesterfield got rid of in a hurry would turn the tables at Meadow Lane? He's even more yesterday's man than Ardley is.
    Most prob cos he's acheved it 6 or 7 times before? Could that possibly be it???

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Why on earth do some fools on here think that a man who Chesterfield got rid of in a hurry would turn the tables at Meadow Lane? He's even more yesterday's man than Ardley is.
    Purely lack of time sid,if we make a change we very much need an impact manager & I doubt Warnock is available.

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    Mick me owd mate,you did indeed "tell us" but in the 4/5 seasons that I have known you I would estimate that you have suggested a new manager about every other week, if Maddog is available& willing to come then I would still take the risk as I feel Ardley is taking us down but as in the past I would check out the situation before potentially making it worse.
    You were fortunate enough not to attend today, I take it? The only one I didn't think deserved the sack this season was Kewellio, tho I must admit I thought he was an arrogant asshoyle.

i posted this in january;
    just as a matter of interest, what makes Ardley a good fit for Notts, after having such an abysmal season at his previous club?
    if he is so good at man management, why could he not manage them to save his job?
    i hope he comes good for you, and you stay up.

he was the wrong choice for you then, as he has proved to be.
    im not sure what the situation was with kewell, but he had a decent set of results, and if it was "player power" that got him out, well, you can see where player power leads, now.
    was he as big a dick to the fans? did you lot want him out? or was it just that he told the "team" and big Al the truth?

I didn’t want Kewell out but then again I’m not an idiot like Hardy who has listened to the players clearly looks where that has got him.

We are reaping what we sow now.

Ardley has signed 8/9 players and had plenty of time when you look at the resources Campbell had at Macclesfield and the position he took over I believe 7/8 points behind 22nd he has done an incredible job when most people mocked him.

What it teaches you is you don’t need an experienced manager over a rookie you need the right manager.

Ardley has been a disaster, nobody can argue with that. When he came in, we were outside of the relegation zone. Results under him saw us rooted to the bottom of the table, and he the fact we didn't have the players. Then he brought 8 new players in, and he still can't get us playing.

What struck me today was the complete lack of any kind of coherent tactics or game plan. We didn't even have a style of play. It was just 11 players trying to kick the ball somewhere else. We never looked like scoring (even when Hemmings missed from 4 yards). Crewe, on the other hand, clearly have a style of play that the players know, understand, and are well drilled in. They have the right players to pull it off. It might not always work for them (hence them being midtable) but at least it's an identity.

What does Ardley do with the team all week? What was the game plan today? Like I said on another thread, they had Hunt at CB - the slowest man in the world. We didn't expose his lack of pace once. Imagine if we had him playing, he'd be turned inside out by the opposition.

Not only do we have no heart, we apparently have no plan, no direction, no cohesion. That has to be the manager's fault. After all, we have a team full of seasoned pros - many of whom you would consider 'leaders'.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridg4d_Pie_ View Post
    Should have sent for Mad Dog ?
    Yes / No ?
    Steve Evans

Quote Originally Posted by M1cksut View Post
    i posted this in january;
    just as a matter of interest, what makes Ardley a good fit for Notts, after having such an abysmal season at his previous club?
    if he is so good at man management, why could he not manage them to save his job?
    i hope he comes good for you, and you stay up.

he was the wrong choice for you then, as he has proved to be.
    im not sure what the situation was with kewell, but he had a decent set of results, and if it was "player power" that got him out, well, you can see where player power leads, now.
    was he as big a dick to the fans? did you lot want him out? or was it just that he told the "team" and big Al the truth?
    It wasn't clear what he was sacked for, but apparently his training sessions weren't working - he was trying to get the team playing in a certain way and the players clearly weren't having it. Plus he that typical Aussie bravado, which some may call arrogance. But mostly I think it's because he told the players the truth - that they are a gutless bunch of chancers - and they didn't like it.

Then Ardley was brought in with his 'arm around the shoulder' approach, and the rest is history. Sacking Kewell was just one more awful decision in a seemingly endless list of bad decisions that have got us to this point.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Ardley has been a disaster, nobody can argue with that. When he came in, we were outside of the relegation zone. Results under him saw us rooted to the bottom of the table, and he the fact we didn't have the players. Then he brought 8 new players in, and he still can't get us playing.

What struck me today was the complete lack of any kind of coherent tactics or game plan. We didn't even have a style of play. It was just 11 players trying to kick the ball somewhere else. We never looked like scoring (even when Hemmings missed from 4 yards). Crewe, on the other hand, clearly have a style of play that the players know, understand, and are well drilled in. They have the right players to pull it off. It might not always work for them (hence them being midtable) but at least it's an identity.

What does Ardley do with the team all week? What was the game plan today? Like I said on another thread, they had Hunt at CB - the slowest man in the world. We didn't expose his lack of pace once. Imagine if we had him playing, he'd be turned inside out by the opposition.

Not only do we have no heart, we apparently have no plan, no direction, no cohesion. That has to be the manager's fault. After all, we have a team full of seasoned pros - many of whom you would consider 'leaders'.
    Once again Slack great post and totally agree.
    I am currently sat on the train from Crewe
    All gallows humour pretty much accepting our fate.
    Notts were a disgrace today.
    1200 travelling fans
    11 can't be arsed players.

Quote Originally Posted by Scanlon's Hatrick View Post
    Once again Slack great post and totally agree.
    I am currently sat on the train from Crewe
    All gallows humour pretty much accepting our fate.
    Notts were a disgrace today.
    1200 travelling fans
    11 can't be arsed players.

You need a medal for going today, well done. The lads so let us down...Shame on them..

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast