+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Assault

It wo like a scene from The Bill.

The "accused" tries to flee from the bobbies accompanied by heavies but a bobby blocks his path by jumping in frunta getaway car.

Gerrim charged.

"If" guilty it ezzto to be a ban from football by FA together wia Police prosecution. If tha headbutted an opponent in a local league game tha'd be banned sine die--forrivva.

Barnsley boss Daniel Stendelis OK this morning after his alleged altercation with FTFC boss Joey Barton yesterday. He has suffered facial injuries. barnsley fc advised not to comment whilst police investigation into the incident continues.

I hope the FA dunt hide behind the excuse of "until the players/ staff return to the dressing room the situation is still within the jurisdiction of the referee and as we have had no report from the referee no action can be taken".

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    I hope the FA dunt hide behind the excuse of "until the players/ staff return to the dressing room the situation is still within the jurisdiction of the referee and as we have had no report from the referee no action can be taken".
    I do not believe that the laws of England are not valid in an arena where the referee takes precidence. Whatever's happened I'm a bit fed up of the news saying police stopped Barton leaving when it is clearly the club's head of security who steps in front of the car while the police lady runs about like a headless chicken. Barton's not done himself any favours by attempting to leave either.

I heard he didn’t head butt Stendel. He pushed him from behind and he hit a metal post

Given the incident, I don’t understand why he was allowed to leave & then return for an “informal interview” later in the week. Anyone else & the person would be arrested - it puts Fleetwood’s players in a potentially tricky position- maybe they’ll do a Wenger & say they saw nothing. It seems their CEO tried a quick getaway n’all! Surely he should be suspended, pending the investigation?

Duncan Ferguson was jailed for an incident against Dundee Utd. Maybe Arabian Ian could shed some light?

Now now lads,let's get all the facts out in the open before jailing Joey..I'm not defending him but he never put a foot wrong when playing for Burnley..I was the first to say we should never have signed him,but he proved all his knockers wrong by leading the team to promotion with some greet football from him..

I really really hope it's not true,but if proven he should be sacked by the Fishermens friends and dealt with by the Police as well..

#JoeyisaBurnleylegend

Correct , two sides to every story ! If he's found guilty ? He's done forever , no way back , Stendel has crossed the line a few times this season , he has apologised after in all fairness , non of his outbursts were violent as we know ? Maybe another side to our Daniel we don't know about ?

Quote Originally Posted by anstonred View Post
    Given the incident, I don’t understand why he was allowed to leave & then return for an “informal interview” later in the week. Anyone else & the person would be arrested - it puts Fleetwood’s players in a potentially tricky position- maybe they’ll do a Wenger & say they saw nothing. It seems their CEO tried a quick getaway n’all! Surely he should be suspended, pending the investigation?
    Geezer who hit the Villa player was in court, dealt with and in the Nick Monday.
    There will be footage.
    Whatever happens, I would expect the club to ban this individual for life at Oakwell. Then let the EFL attempt to take us to court for doing it.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast