+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Assault

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Now now lads,let's get all the facts out in the open before jailing Joey..I'm not defending him but he never put a foot wrong when playing for Burnley..I was the first to say we should never have signed him,but he proved all his knockers wrong by leading the team to promotion with some greet football from him..

I really really hope it's not true,but if proven he should be sacked by the Fishermens friends and dealt with by the Police as well..

#JoeyisaBurnleylegend
    Not being funny Alf. But I’d have left it a day or two.............

Legend.....!? Even before this incident, and even if it’s found to be not proven, he’s just not a legend.

Perhaps your excitement at beating Lowly Cardiff, and staying up again has resulted in your clouded judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Not being funny Alf. But I’d have left it a day or two.............

Legend.....!? Even before this incident, and even if it’s found to be not proven, he’s just not a legend.

Perhaps your excitement at beating Lowly Cardiff, and staying up again has resulted in your clouded judgement.
    He's gorra point. I've jumped to conclusions in condemning Barton for the incident which int like me. We don't know what happened. I've heard various stories. Itull all come art in wesh

He’s a proven tw@t. Not a Legend. Wonder if Alf would still call him a legend if it had been his son with a Cigar in his eye.

Quote Originally Posted by anstonred View Post
    Given the incident, I don’t understand why he was allowed to leave & then return for an “informal interview” later in the week. Anyone else & the person would be arrested - it puts Fleetwood’s players in a potentially tricky position- maybe they’ll do a Wenger & say they saw nothing. It seems their CEO tried a quick getaway n’all! Surely he should be suspended, pending the investigation?
    The fact he was allowed to leave says a lot . If hes pushed him from behind like I heard then that’s a lot different to a head but and would explain why he was allowed to leave. Also heard Stendel doesn’t want to pursue it .

He’s a proven tw@t. Not a Legend. Wonder if Alf would still call him a legend if it had been his son with a Cigar in his eye.
    You are right Jules,I said exactly the same when we signed him on,especially about the cigar incident . I'm just saying lets see some proof before hanging him then the law can take its course.. Maybe I was a bit strong with the word legend,but you won't find one a Burnley fan calling Barton over his stay strong the turf,his behaviour was exemplary.. Like pass and move said,it will all come out in the wash..

Anyway,I will leave it at that as tempers are running high.. Wishing you all automatic promotion ...

P.S. The win over lowly Cardiff more or less Guarentee us another season in the money grabbing league with another 130 million plus bonus for being there.. Yes I was excited ..lol
    Last edited by alfinyalcabo; 14-04-2019 at 09:20 PM.

He will have been cautioned. Pending Statements.
    Push or not. There was an injury. If Stendel doesn’t pursue this he’s putting every other manager in Matches involving this person at risk. What happens next time he pushes someone amd he bangs his head and dies? Don’t agree with “Leave it” if Barton’s Alleged actions caused bleeding, it needs sorting.

If the alleged assault had involved Barton calling him an Homophobic name, the coppers would have been mad keen to lock him up.......
    ....... Next weeks papers will see the alleged assailant have the whole of Liveroool chipping in for his defence and there will be “Justice for the Huyton One” banners at the next match at Anfield.

You are right Jules,I said exactly the same when we signed him on,especially about the cigar incident . I'm just saying lets see some proof before hanging him then the law can take its course.. Maybe I was a bit strong with the word legend,but you won't find one a Burnley fan calling Barton over his stay strong the turf,his behaviour was exemplary.. Like pass and move said,it will all come out in the wash..

Anyway,I will leave it at that as tempers are running high.. Wishing you all automatic promotion ...
    Don’t forget Alf, I lived in Brierfield for 18 months. Visited Turf Moor loads, Wife’s family had the pub in Tod, and have a soft spot for Burnley. Loved my time there fella. Been praying for your survival this season. Even before this incident, couldn’t stand the man......

Daniel Stendel undergoes emergency dental treatment after alleged Joey Barton assault - Mirror Online

Barnsley boss Daniel Stendel has undergone emergency dental treatment after being the victim of an alleged assault by Joey Barton.

Stendel lost two teeth, was left with blood pouring from his face after eye witnesses claimed Barton HEADBUTTED and PUNCHED his rival manager in a tunnel bust-up.

Fleetwood boss Barton is at the centre of a police investigation with the authorities now taking statements from eye witnesses in the tunnel at Oakwell.

Police have already spoken to Barton and will speak to him again this week but have yet to take a statement from Stendel while he undergoes medical treatment. Charges may then follow.

Joey Barton 'headbutted Daniel Stendel and knocked two teeth out'

Stendel did not speak to the media after the game but is expected to do a pre-match press conference on Wednesday ahead of his promotion-chasing team’s next game with Shrewsbury on Good Friday.

Barnsley beat Fleetwood 4-2 with Barton’s team having Harry Souttar sent off in the game but there is a belief that the bad blood was caused by their previous meeting back in September.

Barnsley had four players booked and won 3-1 and, even though the two managers shook hands at the end of Saturday’s game, Barton clearly felt he had unfinished business.

Barton was seen to run from the pitch at the end of the game as he saw Stendel leaving by himself to catch the German-born on his own in the tunnel.

Football League chief executive Shaun Harvey told the BBC: “As an off-the-field matter the tunnel is still in the domain of the referee but we will work closely with everybody to ensure it’s not a case of who deals with the matter but actually the matter is dealt with properly.

“I was stunned when I heard. We have all heard of tunnel fracas as players have left the pitch. It’s the first instance I’ve heard, described as it has been, by those who witnessed it.

“It’s disappointing and it comes on the back of a number of challenges which have come to the surface for football to deal with. We need everyone who plays a part to lead by example.”

There were only a handful of witnesses but it now leaves Barton’s future in the game in serious doubt on the back of a chequered history of controversy and trouble.

Former Manchester City and Rangers midfielder Barton was a controversial choice when he took over a day after an 18 month FA suspension for betting offences ended.

Don’t forget Alf, I lived in Brierfield for 18 months. Visited Turf Moor loads, Wife’s family had the pub in Tod, and have a soft spot for Burnley. Loved my time there fella. Been praying for your survival this season. Even before this incident, couldn’t stand the man......
    TBF neither could I.. Just can't knock him though for his time with us..Once a thug always a thug perhaps,but let's see the proof before berating him..lol

TBF neither could I.. Just can't knock him though for his time with us..Once a thug always a thug perhaps,but let's see the proof before berating him..lol
    Feelings do run high when this sort of thing happens uncle Afl lol, and Ive also commented on it on both the England & Burnsley boards.

Btw, keep up the good work on Leeds mad because it always makes me laugh, but thats another subject altogether isnt it!.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast