+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Twists and turns.

any 'bigger' team being relegated is good for us, if, we fail to achieve promotion this season

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    I don't think McKinnon will take Falkirk down, will be doing well to keep the mess he inherited from Hartley in the division, albeit made a lot of changes in January

Don't think Falkirk will end up bottom, can see it being Morton/Partick, make even Qots (unless Dobbie was only missing for one game today?)
    It can be argued that Hartley may become responsible for eventually relegating 2 teams as well!

I didnt know Dobbie missed a game, and for that matter will miss the rest of the season. QotS now have 3 very hard games without their talisman, but they do have other players that should be able to step up to the plate.

We also know that at least one Dundee club will be in the Championship next season - that is now a certainty.

Arbroath will be in this league next season, so there will be at least one local derby.

Possibility of either Raith, Forfar or even Montrose winning the play offs for the Championship - they would all fancy their chances playing against Falkirk or Thistle.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Hope he does it, really like McKinnon, great player and Utd man, was unlucky not to take us back up first time of asking too, since the split started in 2013/14, of all the teams that finished 3rd/4th We were the closest to making it through the three ties,

Sevco were the only one other team to finish 3rd/4th that made it to the play off final but lost both legs comfortably to Motherwell (and they spent millions)

We were still in it with one half of the 2nd leg of the third tie to play and that was after being denied the stonewaller in the first leg (trip on Simon Murray)

The only two sides promoted via current setup have finished 2nd, Hamilton in 2014 and Livi 2018
    Agree about Ray. Things might have been so different if he'd binned the 4231 and gone with attacking formations with pace and width. But alas we will never know

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    This has been one hell of a season for twists and turns, and its a gift that keeps giving. From top to bottom, this has to be one of the best seasons in the Championship.

I just wish County would finish us off once and for all to make the pain go away!
    It will be ICT who will finish us off today. If they win or draw against us, they confirm the title for their bitterest rivals. Coonty team and fans will be at the game screaming on their rivals. Oh the irony for ICT and their fans.

Of course, if the Shed do win, we can still win the title if:

1) We also win our two remaining games.

2) Coonty lose their two remaining games.

3) If both the above occur, we also beat Morton at Cappielow about 15-nil on the last game of the season.

All things are possible. Did not the Michty Lichties secure an all time record of 36-nil against the much fancied Shotts Bon Accord back in nine**** can****? What's 15 compared to 36?

RAM,
    Our last chance saloon just fell by the wayside last night when a donkey showed up several years too late!

One thing that i think will happen today is ICT will use a bit of mind games and loose. I am sure they know their chances of making second are as likely as ours is of winning the championship! I dont see them having much of an issue to get past Ayr, then i fear will show up all guns blazing over 2 games in the play-offs.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    RAM,
    Our last chance saloon just fell by the wayside last night when a donkey showed up several years too late!

One thing that i think will happen today is ICT will use a bit of mind games and loose. I am sure they know their chances of making second are as likely as ours is of winning the championship! I dont see them having much of an issue to get past Ayr, then i fear will show up all guns blazing over 2 games in the play-offs.
    You honestly think ICT will go out today to lose? Think you're over thinking this. If we were in n the same position do you think we'd go out and try to lose?

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    You honestly think ICT will go out today to lose? Think you're over thinking this. If we were in n the same position do you think we'd go out and try to lose?
    Think they did it to us already, or did we do it to them in the cup game?

Pissin masel if you seriously think anyone has to overthink to post on a forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post

Seeing the reality of the situation, ICT could rest players and play fringe players, etc. They will not go out to deliberately lose the game, but may decide to give some fringe players game time. Remember they will have potentially 6 play off ties at the end of the normal league season. They will want to prepare for that. How they do that is up to them. Is finishing 3rd rather than fourtrh a big deal to them? Basically that is all that remains of the normal league season to them. What is more important to them, the unrealistic challenge of catching United for 2nd place, finishing 3rd, or preparing for the play offs?

Depending upon today's result, Rossco will soon begin to prepare for their pre-season games.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM1971 View Post
    Seeing the reality of the situation, ICT could rest players and play fringe players, etc. They will not go out to deliberately lose the game, but may decide to give some fringe players game time. Remember they will have potentially 6 play off ties at the end of the normal league season. They will want to prepare for that. How they do that is up to them. Is finishing 3rd rather than fourtrh a big deal to them? Basically that is all that remains of the normal league season to them. What is more important to them, the unrealistic challenge of catching United for 2nd place, finishing 3rd, or preparing for the play offs?

Depending upon today's result, Rossco will soon begin to prepare for their pre-season games.
    Both teams should be resting players now. Play offs is all that matters

Play offs are favouring the prem team due to fatigue so chance now that championship positions are sorted to gain some advantage

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)