+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Joey Barton alleged assault

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Looks more like Joe Pasquale.
    Rolf Harris for me.

Looking back at this thread there are some people with egg on their faces (I'm thinking about you interlopers). Talk about pitchforks at the ready. No fair trial over in judsville it would seem. Bang to rights because they just knew didn't they!! They just knew!!

That said, I'm sure they're big enough to offer up some public humility though now that British justice has played out.

As the much lamented old warrior of this board, Gino, used to say TIC TOC......

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy King of the West View Post
    Looking back at this thread there are some people with egg on their faces (I'm thinking about you interlopers). Talk about pitchforks at the ready. No fair trial over in judsville it would seem. Bang to rights because they just knew didn't they!! They just knew!!

That said, I'm sure they're big enough to offer up some public humility though now that British justice has played out.

Yes, can one of the mods change the thread title to "Joey Barton non assault" or something?

He's got some good lawyers and I don't want to get sued

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post
    Rolf Harris for me.
    ‘Warwick University, Barton’ ‘Is it, uh, Caravaggio?’

As one of them sadly passed away last year I don't think he will and to be honest I think there were far more Millers than Tykes (to be expected as it's a Millers board) in the 'hang him' camp.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    As one of them sadly passed away last year I don't think he will and to be honest I think there were far more Millers than Tykes (to be expected as it's a Millers board) in the 'hang him' camp.
    Mentioning Exile's death in this context is an emotional straw man and, frankly Cam, you're better than that. You know full well who I'm talking about. But for the avoidance of doubt it's somebody I've previously likened to a shouty union shop steward or a know-It-all committee bloke at the local WMC. Gobby, opinionated but ill informed and a bit thick. Case in point being this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post
    Rolf Harris for me.
    Be careful you don't share an underpass with him after that 🤣

Mentioning Exile's death in this context is an emotional straw man and, frankly Cam, you're better than that. You know full well who I'm talking about. But for the avoidance of doubt it's somebody I've previously likened to a shouty union shop steward or a know-It-all committee bloke at the local WMC. Gobby, opinionated but ill informed and a bit thick. Case in point being this thread.
    My apologies GKOTW, I didn't know if you realised he'd died.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    My apologies GKOTW, I didn't know if you realised he'd died.
    I did mate and offered my condolences on TykesMad at the time (which was shamefully thrown in my face as being disingenuous by one of their clique). I never had an issue with Exile and never crossed swords with him. He seemed to concentrate more on the political threads rather than the football and I don't recall him being condescending/patronising about our club and/or town.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718