+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Joey Barton alleged assault

Quote Originally Posted by tony260674 View Post
    You have no idea what happened Millertop and although Barton has a colourful past, that does not mean 100% that he was the aggressor in this case. I was once attacked in Rotherham for no reason whatsoever and the other lad ended that tussle with less teeth than he started it with. By your rationale, I was 100% to blame.
    Your right but I’ll be more surprised if he didn’t start it, their fans are not happy and want him gone

What happened at the end of the Barnsley game has been reported on Talksport Radio this morning, but only in the context of an incident that is being investigated

Quote Originally Posted by tony260674 View Post
    You have no idea what happened Millertop and although Barton has a colourful past, that does not mean 100% that he was the aggressor in this case. I was once attacked in Rotherham for no reason whatsoever and the other lad ended that tussle with less teeth than he started it with. By your rationale, I was 100% to blame.
    Spot on, Tony.

The incident needs to be investigated by both the FA and police and they have had less than 48 hours to do so . A lot of people seem to be simply assuming that the rumours concerning the incident are true. They may be, or it may be that we are getting half the story, third hand.

It's possible that the police and FA are getting several different versions of what went off, perhaps with the people in the tunnel splitting into two camps based on club lines. The FA and police can't simply assume the truth of one version based on gossip and the identity of one of the participants even if that's what a lot of posters seem to be doing.

Barton has a colourful past.

No he’s a convicted criminal and thug.

Statement from Barnsley

Barnsley Football Club can confirm that it has lodged a formal complaint to both the English Football League and the Football Association. This is following an alleged incident at the conclusion of the match on Saturday 13th April, between Joey Barton and Daniel Stendel.

The Club is also currently working with the police and assisting with all enquiries regarding the incident.

Latest news:-

“A man has been arrested following an alleged altercation between Fleetwood boss Joey Barton and Barnsley head coach Daniel Stendel at Oakwell.

The man attended a police station on Wednesday where he was arrested on suspicion of a racially aggravated public order offence and racially aggravated assault.

He remains in custody for questioning.

Barnsley have complained to both the FA and the EFL after Saturday's alleged incident in the tunnel.

South Yorkshire Police, who earlier appealed for witnesses, said inquiries were ongoing.

"Officers are particularly keen to speak to anyone who may have caught the incident on camera or who may have any mobile phone footage immediately before or after the incident occurred," a police statement said.”

The man arrested is probably Stendel for trying to bite Barton’s head.

Note they’ve added the “race card” which is trending at the moment.

"Racially aggravated"?

Did he say "stitch that Fritz" before he headbutted him or something?

I hope he didn't mention the war.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasterman View Post
    I hope he didn't mention the war.
    Probably mentioned that they'd bombed his chippy!

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Probably mentioned that they'd bombed his chippy!
    Joey's biggest influences, Stan Boardman and Yosser Hughes.

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast