+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Joey Barton alleged assault

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Barton, on being arrested denied his guilt but then at his trial when the evidence against him was so overwhelming decided to enter guilty pleas no doubt on his lawyers advice designed to lessen his sentence
    Sounds not dissimilar to the current affair but in reverse. Evidence perhaps not as damning on this ocassion hence his silence then denial
    That's what I seem to remember reading in his autobiography Exile .

Barton, on being arrested denied his guilt but then at his trial when the evidence against him was so overwhelming decided to enter guilty pleas no doubt on his lawyers advice designed to lessen his sentence
    Sounds not dissimilar to the current affair but in reverse. Evidence perhaps not as damning on this ocassion hence his silence then denial
    Barton admitted the Liverpool offences from the outset, but always argued that he had been provoked (which isn't a defence). He entered his guilty pleas at a Plea and Case Management Hearing - the first hearing of the case at the Crown Court - not at a trial hearing.

How do you know what the state of the evidence is in respect of the current allegations?

That incident had clear CCTV pics. There's probably none for the Barnsley tunnel incident.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Barton admitted the Liverpool offences from the outset, but always argued that he had been provoked (which isn't a defence). He entered his guilty pleas at a Plea and Case Management Hearing - the first hearing of the case at the Crown Court - not at a trial hearing.

How do you know what the state of the evidence is in respect of the current allegations?
    Note the use of my word "perhaps"
    Just my opinion which I am quite entitled to hold with or without your permission
    In the light of further revelations I may change my opinion
    Do you not see a pattern here?
    How do you know he admitted the Liverpool charges from the outset?
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 19-04-2019 at 08:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    That incident had clear CCTV pics. There's probably none for the Barnsley tunnel incident.
    My point exactly Grist

Note the use of my word "perhaps"
    Just my opinion which I am quite entitled to hold with or without your permission
    In the light of further revelations I may change my opinion
    Do you not see a pattern here?
    There's a clear pattern. You use 'perhaps' and approve the use of 'probably' by Grist.

In other words, you are posting nothing more than speculation, which is my point.

As for you expressing opinion, of course you are entitled to do that. Your assertions about the Liverpool offences were assertions of fact not opinion however. And they were incorrect.
    Last edited by KerrAvon; 19-04-2019 at 09:00 AM.

There's a clear pattern. You use 'perhaps' and approva the use of 'probably' by Grist.

In other words, you are posting nothing more than speculation, which is my point.

Because I know what his lawyer told the court at the first hearing of the case. What was your claim that he made denials based upon?

Because I know what his lawyer told the court at the first hearing of the case. What was your claim that he made denials based upon?
    How do you know what his lawyer told the court?

How do you know what his lawyer told the court?
    Because it's a matter of public record.

What was your claim that he made denials based upon?

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast