+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Joey Barton alleged assault

But basically we know the outcome don’t we?

The whole thing will be played down, Barton gets a wrist slap.

Football being a “special case” detached from the real world

He’s a top bloke, always helps with the BBQ’s at Warney’s. Always early for training, doesn’t smoke or drink and is a model professional!

I can understand the red mist descending when you are out there on the field .

I played the game myself for enough years to know that it happens , an elbow or a player leaves one on you , part and parcel of the game .

Managers or Coaches are different , heated words fair enough with the guys in the other technical area , a bit of handbags ..... fair enough .

However Barton crossed a line today , a line that I can't remember ever getting crossed before in english football .

His team today in the first half were chasing shadows and two goals down , he sent them out in the second half to kick us off the park , it wasn't long before their centre half got a straight red .

Our lads took it well and kept their discipline which was huge credit to them given the average age of the team is 22 years old .

Barton couldn't take it , not man enough to accept his teams lack of talent and the fact our lads weren't intimidated by his teams tactics .

He clearly had to walk out of Oakwell with some kind of badge , a badge that only his upbringing and family in Huyton find acceptable .

It's a repeat story , his previous tells you that , the game doesn't need Joey Barton and his fuqed up issues in his head .

I sincerely hope I never see you inside a football stadium again in a working capacity .

Apparently the police are going to speak to him sometime next week in a "voluntary" interview, is this normally the case when an assault is suspected?

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Apparently the police are going to speak to him sometime next week in a "voluntary" interview, is this normally the case when an assault is suspected?

The covering up has already started, tweet from a Barnsley player reporting the incident has already been deleted. Fleetwood playing the no comment card.

Having read his book and the environment he grew up in , his brother's conviction for murder and all the other bits and bobs I gave Barton a bit of slack .

I also remember watching him on QT and thinking he wasn't as green as he was cabbaged .

How wrong was I .

He got a syndrome is the next ploy

We don't really know what happened yet do we though. It doesn't sound good but he's been convicted of 'something' on here already but no one,s quite sure what it is. Let's wait and see first

With regard to his upbringing I don,t buy that at at. We all know people who had a really tough upbringing but there,s only a minority that go out an commit crimes. I'm talking in general here and not about what JB may or may not have done.

We know tht JB had a difference of opinion with Stendel [words]
    & that JB head butted him knocking out teeth & leaving him on the floor with quite traumatic facial wounds [assault]
    Need any more info ?

Ok if you know that but it's not in the press or come from the police.
    I presume you were in the tunnel and witnessed it then

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast