+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it impossible?

Is it impossible?

Ayr beat RC Friday. Possible.

We beat ICT Saturday. Possible.

3 points behind with two games to go?
    Last edited by Brian_Welsh_is_magic; 13-04-2019 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Welsh_is_magic View Post
    Ayr beat RC Friday. Possible.

We beat ICT Saturday. Possible.

3 points behind with two games to go?

Hope springs eternal!

nope, no happening. League is coontys

Last three:

Us - Icey Tea (A) Them Ayr (A)
    Us - Falkirk (H) Them Queens (H)
    Us - Morton (A) Them Falkirk (A)

We need 7. They need 3.

From that list, I'd say they'll have their three by the Queen's game and we might not even beat Icey Tea.

Is it Impossible? No, but yes.

They only need one win to clinch it, They are at Ayr Friday night, if they win it's done before we go to Inverness on the Saturday

If they lose then ok we need to beat ICT to cause even the slightest of doubt for them

As the next week is the same, they are Friday vs qots before we play Falkirk the Saturday

So yes it's not impossible, it's improbable and highly unlikely

It's mathematically possible but improbable. It would take a collapse like no other for it to be possible. Even then, world we take advantage? Probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    It's mathematically possible but improbable. It would take a collapse like no other for it to be possible. Even then, world we take advantage? Probably not.
    Although i believe we lost the league on day one, would it be that unique an event where a 6 point lead was overhauled for a team to win the league? Not one to remember such things, but what was the magnitude of the Hearts capitulation of the 80s?

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Although i believe we lost the league on day one, would it be that unique an event where a 6 point lead was overhauled for a team to win the league? Not one to remember such things, but what was the magnitude of the Hearts capitulation of the 80s?
    Albert Kidd has retired

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    I said to the Alloa Arabs (for though we are not Federated anymore we exist) that we had to hit Dunfermline like a steam train on day one, to send a message to the league.

As we know, we were matched in the first half, then collapsed before gaining some pride despite losing. We were ****e that day, the day the league saw our mettle: we had none. That we are where we are is a testament to some of that team and the new manager.

But, with three to go, I still think we actually have seven left.

It’s not impossible but very improbable.

Problem is goal difference. One win / one match for them and they are over the line.

I think we might just manage to keep it going another week. Ayr could beat Rossco and we are capable then of winning or drawing at ICT

The QOS match though I expect Rossco will probably win

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)