+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: how many points do people think we will get out of the last four games !??????

We are incapable of eking out wins when we’re not playing well and need to grind out results - so given that we probably play well once every 4 games, I’m struggling to see us getting to 42 points.

I think it was after the Carlisle game that Nice Guy Neal said he was going to pick teams based on how best to combat the opposition - and, of course, has done nothing of the sort since then. We need some squad rotation: might even be worth playing Vaughan at the expense of Doyle since MK Dons will give us space to play and Vaughan played well in the reverse fixture. It’s also time to bench Enzio and see if he does better as an impact sub. And yes, I am aware how wildly I’m clutching at those straws.

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    If we just match Yeovil and Macclesfield points score for the next 3 games it goes down to the last match.
    Then anything could happen.
    Macclesfield are quite capable of getting out of jail by winning a game or two, unlike us. We won't catch them.

I think Yeovil are as crap as we are and it will go to the final game before we know whether it is them or us who will finish up with the wooden spoon. If Yeovil pick up just one win when we lose, it's us, and vice versa. No matter which though, we will both be playing non-league football next season.
    Last edited by LaxtonLad; 15-04-2019 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Rubbish

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Remember Macclesfield and Yeovil still have to play each other.
    Wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Wrong.
    You're right EP, I don't know where I got that from, I've deleted my own crap.

Answer to O/T....not enough unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Marshall View Post
    I’ll go for 4.
    Crawley on Easter Monday should be a ‘must win’ game but can’t imagine our older players coping with the two games over Easter!
    They can't cope with one game never mind 2

Crawley has to be a must win game for us now. Let’s face it, they’re almost as bad as us!
    The question is who will play and will anyone be rested after our game against MK Dons on Good Friday. We need to be playing with intensity but I can’t see players like Doyle being able to if they’ve played on the Friday.
    It appears that Doyle is the only one who can take set pieces as well so how will we cope without those?!!
    Ardley is virtually using 14 or 15 players now so it will be interesting to see whether there’s any rotation for the Crawley game.

Crawley has to be a must win game for us now. Let’s face it, they’re almost as bad as us!
    The question is who will play and will anyone be rested after our game against MK Dons on Good Friday. We need to be playing with intensity but I can’t see players like Doyle being able to if they’ve played on the Friday.
    It appears that Doyle is the only one who can take set pieces as well so how will we cope without those?!!
    Ardley is virtually using 14 or 15 players now so it will be interesting to see whether there’s any rotation for the Crawley game.
    "...must win game..." How many of those have we had since Christmas? How many did we win?

I firmly believe the words "Must Win Game" when spoken about a Notts match, are an enchantment, they cast a spell, if you like, over the players. It veils their eyes, stupifies their thoughts and stiffens their legs. As their abilty lessens the vocal support increases in proportion to mystify the opposition but whose own Grand Witch slowly begins to grin. Later, he begins to chortle, then, towards the end of play, outright laughter, till at last, on ninety minutes, he blows his whistle and the spell is broken for most, but not all, some of the bewitched remain and applaud the three evil ones in black who turn to each other - and smile.

L Franchaise Utd

D Crawley

D Grimsby

L Swindon

total = 2 pts

If only Doyle could take a decent set piece. Compare ours to Crewe’s last Saturday - they were far more inventive and not just hoofing the ball into the box like Doyle’s.

Based on recent form, both Doyle and Stead should be on the bench on Friday, so let’s see how NA responds to the Crewe shambles.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast