+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joey Barton

Joey Barton

Anyone know what went on in the Barnsley tunnel ?

One of the players alleged that the Barnsley manager was left with blood streaming down his face. Apparently, this comment was later withdrawn from social media.
    Perhaps just an over-enthusiastic kiss from Barton!

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    One of the players alleged that the Barnsley manager was left with blood streaming down his face. Apparently, this comment was later withdrawn from social media. Perhaps just an over-enthusiastic kiss from Barton!
    I hope your just being sarcy there Aucks matey, because I dont think this is amusing at all.
    My own teams manager/coach is involved here in this 'incident/assault' so Im going to take a seriosuly dim view of this... arent I ?.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    I hope your just being sarcy there Aucks matey, because I dont think this is amusing at all.
    My own teams manager/coach is involved here in this 'incident/assault' so Im going to take a seriosuly dim view of this... arent I ?.
    I can assure you Aucks is a very decent guy and would not say anything to antagonize. You have completely overreacted and aimed this at the wrong person. Have a go at Barton by all means.

Fair enough, Acido. I didn't intend it in that way, but I see how it could be taken wrong.
    I was just trying to steer clear of any direct allegations when I don't know the facts.

Acido is a tad annoyed with our Joey.I wonder if Burnsleys manager will be pressing charges...hmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    I can assure you Aucks is a very decent guy and would not say anything to antagonize. You have completely overreacted and aimed this at the wrong person. Have a go at Barton by all means.
    It was hardly an over reaction Champs, and I agree with you anyway that Aucks is a genuinely decent poster on here, and he always replies to me on here if Ive posted anything.
    And your right Alf, yes Im more than a tad annoyed at what Barton has done here, or should I say 'allegedly' done here!!.

It was hardly an over reaction Champs, and I agree with you anyway that Aucks is a genuinely decent poster on here, and he always replies to me on here if Ive posted anything.
    And your right Alf, yes Im more than a tad annoyed at what Barton has done here, or should I say 'allegedly' done here!!.
    Thanks, Acido (and Champs).
    Acido, you probably didn't spot it, but I gave Barnsley an honourable mention on the Forest thread.
    I suggested that it would be a real surprise if Sunderland didn't get automatic promotion, but you might pip them to it.
    I looked at your fixtures, and I see you have three mid-table teams with nothing to play for. Plymouth, away, might be a bit trickier, as they are battling to stay out of the relegation-zone.
    Sunderland have a game in hand, of course, but three of their matches are against top-seven teams.
    Down to the wire, do you think?

Well I could talk all day and night about this Aucks, but I'll try to keep it to a minimum lol.
    We're definitely biting the fingernails at the moment and after last week I think we all thought we'd blown 2nd place. Then Sunderland fail to win both of their home games since, and we're back up to 2nd again even though they and Portsmouth do have a game in hand.
    Like you say the long trip down to Plymouth could be the hardest remaining game, but we're not looking beyond the Shrewsbury game this good Friday afternoon.

Come on Barnsley.
    Last edited by Acido; 15-04-2019 at 09:02 PM.

Good luck, Acido. What you could really do with is a draw in the Sunderland-Portsmouth game!
    I remember trekking down to Plymouth to watch Rovers on a bloody freezing day at some point in the late 70s or early 80s. Luckily, we won, but it was a hell of a journey, and I was only travelling from East Anglia! Quite nerve-wracking actually, because our car used about a pint of oil every 50 miles!
    Last edited by AucklandRover; 15-04-2019 at 09:26 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)