+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Does David Lammy

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Some statistics about that. It costs about 2 billion a year, roughly 500 million of which is recoverable.

The majority of the cost comes from visitors from non-EU countries and therefore won't be change much on account of leaving the EU.

https://fullfact.org/health/health-t...-and-who-pays/
    No but it would make a big difference to the NHS if we pursued payment more vigourously regardless of where they are from.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    No but it would make a big difference to the NHS if we pursued payment more vigourously regardless of where they are from.
    It's a lot of money for sure. The problem seems to be that this money is so difficult and expensive to recover they don't try. Doctors have taken an oath so they will continue treating people regardless, which is fair enough.

I don't know what the solution is, I've never applied for a visa to come to Britain so I don't know how strictly they check if you have health insurance.

Anyway I agree with the previous poster in that the money we could recoup from making sure very wealthy people paid the correct amount of tax would dwarf that 2 billion per year figure.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    In many countries, you wouldn't get off the trolley without health insurance.

It's funny how most other countries can insist on health cover as requirement of a visa,
    Yet we seem to fail miserably at it.
    Remember that these people bed block in our hospitals as well.
    Of course Lammy and Abbott would class that analogy as Nazi and racist.

Some statistics about that. It costs about 2 billion a year, roughly 500 million of which is recoverable.

The majority of the cost comes from visitors from non-EU countries and therefore won't be change much on account of leaving the EU.

https://fullfact.org/health/health-t...-and-who-pays/
    4 year old report so data is probably 5 or 6 years old

Does it take into account EHIC cards?

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post

Does it take into account EHIC cards?
    You're right about the date, but from the information given it seems like the figure should fall over time due to new measures coming into effect. If you have more recent data feel free to post them.

From your question about EHIC cards I presume you didn't read it all as a thorough explanation is given towards the end of the article.

In answer to the OP question, no it doesn't.

You're right about the date, but from the information given it seems like the figure should fall over time due to new measures coming into effect. If you have more recent data feel free to post them.

From your question about EHIC cards I presume you didn't read it all as a thorough explanation is given towards the end of the article.
    You are the one quoting old data so if you have more recent data feel free to post it.

Yes I did read the explanation and it says

The report is again at pains to point out that these are 'uncertain estimates' because of the full complexity of the eligibility rules.

In the last 5 years are the uncertain estimates now certain?

It's called an extreme view, abit like millions of Turks will be breaking the UK's infrastructure in a matter of months in we stay in the EU. Like we'll run out of cheese if we leave, all spin all *******s. Both sides were guilty of this which everyone knows, it's time we all came together, the common man and stopped getting in a tizzy every time a politician serving their own agenda makes an inflammatory statement.

You are the one quoting old data so if you have more recent data feel free to post it.

Yes I did read the explanation and it says

The report is again at pains to point out that these are 'uncertain estimates' because of the full complexity of the eligibility rules.

I don't have more recent data which is why I posted this. I think it's perfectly adequate to have an idea of the size and cost of the problem.

I'm surprised it doesn't meet your strict standards on accurate information, perhaps next time I should post a social media meme or rant from some ex RAF personnel, you seem to be happy to let those pass with no objection.

If you really have made it to the end of the article can you confirm I no longer need to answer your question about EHIC cards?

Almost certainly not and without wanting to be repetitive, if you read the article you will discover why it's difficult to quantify.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast