+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Next seasons First Team squad

Next seasons First Team squad

Think we can discuss this now ..

My Auto starting selections..

Mcniel
    Taylor
    Heaton
    Barnes
    Tarkowski
    Wood
    Westwood
    Mee
    Cork
    A.N Other
    A.N.Other

We need a new right back.

We need a new left back.

We need to jettison a goalkeeper, Hart preferably.

We need to jettison Ward, Brady & Hendrick.

We need to replace Ward, Brady & Hendrick.

We need to jettison Wells and Vydra and find two replacements.

We will probably lose Tarkowski, but we have Gibson and Long.

We need to replace Defour x 2.

I hope Rigg is up to the task.

Like you BT I hope we make some wise moves in the summer transfer window, however I am not hopeful in our board of directors releasing the required funding to do so. I am not sure about jettisoning Vydra, I don't think he has had a chance yet. I would also like to make sure we retain the services of Nick Pope, but I feel the directors may be tempted by any offers received.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage Claret View Post
    Like you BT I hope we make some wise moves in the summer transfer window, however I am not hopeful in our board of directors releasing the required funding to do so. I am not sure about jettisoning Vydra, I don't think he has had a chance yet. I would also like to make sure we retain the services of Nick Pope, but I feel the directors may be tempted by any offers received.
    I think it all comes down to, "Can Rigg do his job?"

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    We need a new right back.

We need a new left back.

We need to jettison a goalkeeper, Hart preferably.

We need to jettison Ward, Brady & Hendrick.

We need to replace Ward, Brady & Hendrick.

We need to jettison Wells and Vydra and find two replacements.

We will probably lose Tarkowski, but we have Gibson and Long.

We need to replace Defour x 2.

I hope Rigg is up to the task.
    "Replace" is not a word the Burnley board like to say or do BT

I think it all comes down to, "Can Rigg do his job?"

So far he's shown about as much aptitude for it as Theresa May has for getting us out of the EU.

Theresa got us a WA no one wants, Rigg got us a player no one wants. One's not Brexit, the other's not a PL footballer, not now anyway.
    Last edited by sinkov; 15-04-2019 at 12:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    So far he's shown about as much aptitude for it as Theresa May has for getting us out of the EU.

Theresa got us a WA no one wants, Rigg got us a player no one wants. One's not Brexit, the other's not a PL footballer, not now anyway.
    Spot on Sinkov , I wander what the verdict on Vokes going and being good business would have been had we still been in relegation fight and Crouch is under the knife so no back up at all really ( can’t count Vydra as he doesn’t play—- yet ).

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Think we can discuss this now ..

My Auto starting selections..

Mcniel
    Taylor
    Heaton
    Barnes
    Tarkowski
    Wood
    Westwood
    Mee
    Cork
    A.N Other
    A.N.Other
    Think on

If we came 7th one year and then avoided relegation the next AND made 37M profit don't you think that next year we will try and make more profit by buying no one?

The model works so what is the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by blueheeler1 View Post
    Think on

If we came 7th one year and then avoided relegation the next AND made 37M profit don't you think that next year we will try and make more profit by buying no one?

The model works so what is the problem?
    Like sinkov said; “To give the board their due, they have inadvertently blown one PL cliché right out of the water, the one about the PL being all about money, you need a lot of it, and you need to spend a lot of it to survive. Well we're going to be in the PL for 4 consecutive seasons after spending next to nowt. So obviously you don't need to spend mountains of cash, what you do need, as we have proved, is simply an outstanding manager.”

Like sinkov said; “To give the board their due, they have inadvertently blown one PL cliché right out of the water, the one about the PL being all about money, you need a lot of it, and you need to spend a lot of it to survive. Well we're going to be in the PL for 4 consecutive seasons after spending next to nowt. So obviously you don't need to spend mountains of cash, what you do need, as we have proved, is simply an outstanding manager.”
    I like SD; I really do.

He is a perfect manager for the Board, players and fans-toes the party line and obviously gets the changing room onside.

And well done for him. Fair play.

Honestly and truly.

He has been brilliant for Burnley.

But (and a character in the Game of Thrones once said everything before "but" is bull****) here is the truth.

IF we want to move on and be not just a survivor in the Prem but a main or continuing player then we are miles away from where we need to be.

I get we have to consolidate; we have to be realistic; use what we have got to its best ability.

But after that?

Are we a one man manager that given the resources couldn't be bettered?

Or are we a club that wants to be better than this?

I doubt that most fans share my view.

We should be grateful--not complain--not want more--little club.

But there is a price that will be paid on our watch and that is relegation.

Are we a year by year tragic or do we wish to move forward?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)