+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bielsa stays...whatever happens!?

Bielsa stays...whatever happens!?

I expect Biesla to stay no matter what.

In the event we are unlucky and this leads to an exodus of premiership wannabees, I think if the proceed from sales are reinvested in the team and the squad is supplemented further by our amazing youth policy, we will have an even stronger squad next year.

Mmm, I'm not so sure, we may have the option to keep him, but would he want to stay? feels to me like a one year experiment to get us up, if we don't do it I'd be surprised to see him have another shot at it.

Dunno, think it was always a 2 year project. Not many would have expected him to take us up in one season, especially since we hardly added to the squad.
    Having said that, it's sure to be an anti climax for him if we don't go up. And he's bound to be relishing the challenge of pitting his wits against the PL elite.

Well he has tested the 'waters' this year and he seems to like doing what he's creating. He has tons of respect and some, LUFC will not want him gone come what may. A few short months and ALL of the footballing world in UK.....and beyond know all about Marcelo. Made no bones about what he wants, I recon he will do it with us this season but if not he will do it next full season. A proud man and even prouder walking us out at some of the grounds in the prem, but non so more then Elland Road.

He will already have his Spies planted all around the premier league training grounds.. Good on him ..Won't get them into Burnleys though unless they have six fingers..lol

Quote Originally Posted by george_kaplan View Post
    Well he has tested the 'waters' this year and he seems to like doing what he's creating. He has tons of respect and some, LUFC will not want him gone come what may. A few short months and ALL of the footballing world in UK.....and beyond know all about Marcelo. Made no bones about what he wants, I recon he will do it with us this season but if not he will do it next full season. A proud man and even prouder walking us out at some of the grounds in the prem, but non so more then Elland Road.
    Absolutely...you can see that he's relishing the challenge. Before he came, he spoke about the thrill of the project...taking a once mighty club back to where it belongs. He loves the passion of the Leeds faithful and the Leeds board have been his greatest allies. BUT more than anything, he is an honourable man...one to be trusted, so if he has a contract that allows the board to keep for another year 'whatever', then I'm convinced he'll honour it...and so is his brother.
    The thought of Bielsa helping to build our club for at least another year is magical. One year in the Prem with Bielsa at the helm could prevent us from being a yo-yo club and re-establish us as a genuine Premiership force again. At 56, I was beginning to fear that I'd ever see my beloved club back where it belongs...now though, I feel like a 15 year old boy again, with excitement coursing through my blue and yellow veins.

Quote Originally Posted by Flintadore View Post
    Absolutely...you can see that he's relishing the challenge. Before he came, he spoke about the thrill of the project...taking a once mighty club back to where it belongs. He loves the passion of the Leeds faithful and the Leeds board have been his greatest allies. BUT more than anything, he is an honourable man...one to be trusted, so if he has a contract that allows the board to keep for another year 'whatever', then I'm convinced he'll honour it...and so is his brother.
    The thought of Bielsa helping to build our club for at least another year is magical. One year in the Prem with Bielsa at the helm could prevent us from being a yo-yo club and re-establish us as a genuine Premiership force again. At 56, I was beginning to fear that I'd ever see my beloved club back where it belongs...now though, I feel like a 15 year old boy again, with excitement coursing through my blue and yellow veins.
    As a fan nearer 70 than 60, I too was worried about being in the top tier again before I leave the planet. Bielsa has given me that hope, so let’s hope the last four matches performance levels are as good as last Saturday and it will not be in doubt. Watching Chris Wilders interview after the Millwall game, I got the impression he was a bit down. Hope I’m right and they drop points to Forest. Notice the League are allowing them to K.O. Before us in a number of the games no doubt piling the pressure on us if they win.

I used to love the Easter games (Lar'pool h & a) I like the fact both teams above and under us are keeping a eye on us. It's great as other fans say to have this feeling back. The gaffer has to instill and I believe he has, that our main aim is to pressure what's above us and not worry about below us, we can do this. Having a look at the two teams forums they are not so sure anymore, the Norwich forum I looked at they were keeping watch on the blunts! making sure of auto, absolutely love it if we top them, let them know they are in a fight. Keeping my head on my shoulders but my heart is still on my sleeve.....bring it on.

Quote Originally Posted by mick64 View Post
    As a fan nearer 70 than 60, I too was worried about being in the top tier again before I leave the planet. Bielsa has given me that hope, so let’s hope the last four matches performance levels are as good as last Saturday and it will not be in doubt. Watching Chris Wilders interview after the Millwall game, I got the impression he was a bit down. Hope I’m right and they drop points to Forest. Notice the League are allowing them to K.O. Before us in a number of the games no doubt piling the pressure on us if they win.
    TBH, I think the early kick offs are to our advantage, in that we then know what is required before we start a match. Still say that we have it in our hands, wins are all we need (hmm!), so perhaps us knowing what we need isn't so important (but I'd rather do it that way round than have to sit watching others close in!).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)