+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Are we better off staying in Division One

If we don’t want promotion what is the point of everyone bothering to turn up? Yes we get into the Championship and in past seasons have had one thought....survival!
    But this will be the first promotion under this ownership so we will see what their plans are when we go up? Having said that at the start of the promotion season nobody expected we would be pushing for the Premier League let alone get there? We could go up and sign a team of youngsters who fluke their way to the Premier, nobody knows what the future holds?
    We have to go for it every season otherwise you become Gillingham!!!!

I fear we are in for a period of being a yo-yo club with a squad good enough in the Third Division but out of their depth in the Championship. We have only Pinnock and Woodrow as potential genuine consistent Championship performers. The buy young policy would evvto be ditched and three or four Championship experienced players brought in or we could well struggle week after week. The financial unequal playing field is widening in the Championship. Huddersfield are cummin darn with ovva a £100 million prize money fo cummin bottom and £42 mill a year parachute payments.
    I will hold my hands up and bare my arse on the Tarn Hall steps if Dog puts in some serious player investment to give us a chance if we go up.
    Al be buying mi ST next week irrespective of the weeknd results. A ev to say that av enjoyed going to places like Rochdale, Bradford, Scunny, Blacky etc mooar than a will going to Derby, Forest, Piggery, Stoke etc and tha naturally enjoys it mooar winning.

I understand the feel good thing when we are winning and hate losing but Championship for me is were we want to be - would also like to think we invest more into the squad......even if SB does have to drop his pants!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Barnsley Chop View Post
    I understand the feel good thing when we are winning and hate losing but Championship for me is were we want to be - would also like to think we invest more into the squad......even if SB does have to drop his pants!!!!
    Thaz mooar faith in Dog and his brass than me but I hope tha reyt if we go up.

SB I understand what you are saying about parachute payments for coming down, but look at Stoke it hasn’t done them any good yet!
    Huddersfield and teams being relegated from the promise land have a decision to make? Keep the players you have and pay virtually all of the money you have for coming down on wages or rebuild with cheaper options who then need to gel and hit the ground running?
    It doesn’t always come to pass that the teams with the most money go up, it does however show teams coming up from League One tend to struggle in the Championship unless they invest a bit.
    I think our chances of staying up wouldn’t be money for who we buy in, but how much we pay the players we would want to keep at the club to aid consistency.
    I think keeping Pinnock, Lindsay, Mowatt, Woodrow, McGeehan, Moore and possibly Davies and Hedges would be better business in the short term rather than buying replacements! I honestly think Fulham would have stayed in the Premier League this season if they had kept the majority of last season team together, but they decided to bring in about 17 players......Stupidity!
    I also believe that we would have stood a better chance of staying in the Premier League if Danny had kept more of the promotion team together? Trouble is if you give some managers lots of money they will always spend it and it’s not always the right thing to do.
    What I want to see from Dog and his team is that if we have a good player we can pay him the money he wants to stay at the club not have to sell on like with Hourihane and Mawson, obviously there will be ones we can’t keep but that’s football! What I hate is flogging players to the first bidder over 500k.
    Last edited by perkytyke; 15-04-2019 at 06:10 PM.

I get what folk a sayin bout getting a stuffing every week in the championship but unless we're always striving to get as high as possible what's the point? There's every hope with promotion they might get a couple heads in. And this teams half decent. Keep these lot an we're laughin

Quote Originally Posted by bankendbfc View Post
    I get what folk a sayin bout getting a stuffing every week in the championship but unless we're always striving to get as high as possible what's the point? There's every hope with promotion they might get a couple heads in. And this teams half decent. Keep these lot an we're laughin
    Wish owners would think same

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Jeezzzzz !!!
    New OWNERS.
    New ball game.
    Reyt Nudger , these new owners/ new ball game ? What have they actually done regarding the Playing side of the Club ? Yes they bought new hand dryers , supplied Women's products , why ? Most women can and have dealt with these symptoms for decades , why make a big thing out of it ? Do we get extra league point's ? If we were to go up ? The plan they currently use is worthless , selling and hoping to replace with lower league players won't work in the Championship , investment is needed , and some experience , or we might as well not bother , any of us .

Its a difficult one is this, and I and many other fans have talked about it this season (including the Rotherham fans as well, because they are constantly in the same position as us with regards to each division).
    Is it any fun at all going up to the Champship and struggling, and not getting the decisions from the awful refs, and getting beat most weekends by Premship wannabe teams who think they have a divine right to beat the likes of Barnsley & Burton etc.
    I keep thinking that after every game but, lets be honest, we've got to want to try havent we instead of just wanting to stay where we are. The Blunts got caught in that trap and it took them 6 years to get out of Lg One, we must not let that happen even if it does mean a struggle and immediate relegation again from the Champship.

I'm hoping we do go up , that's the aim ( certainly for us Fans ) the current model of selling our best players , and recruiting from lower leagues just doesn't work , we've seen this before , we are a yo yo club , and that's not good enough , We Fans deserve better , and if these Owners can't see that? then it's time they took their money grabbing ways elsewhere ,

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast