+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Are we better off staying in Division One

I hate it Roma, they're turning us into a laughing stock when it comes to every single transfer window, and other clubs know they can buy any of our players for an 'easy' price.
    I agree with the idea of selling players if the offer is a massive one, and if we can at least try to replace with players of a similar level.
    Not however, simply going into the lower leagues every time and signing kids, who it takes us years to bring on, only to do the same yet again if they do prove to be a good signing. Wheres the long term future in that system eh, especially for us as fans!.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    I hate it Roma, they're turning us into a laughing stock when it comes to every single transfer window, and other clubs know they can buy any of our players for an 'easy' price.
    I agree with the idea of selling players if the offer is a massive one, and if we can at least try to replace with players of a similar level.
    Not however, simply going into the lower leagues every time and signing kids, who it takes us years to bring on, only to do the same yet again if they do prove to be a good signing. Wheres the long term future in that system eh, especially for us as fans!.
    Have you anybody worth buying Acido,our board will pay over the odds prices as you well know.lol,

Unfortunately I think all will be revealed in the summer.
    Whether we go up or not our best players will be sold.
    With undisclosed fees, and contracts with release clauses it's very easy to pull the wool over fan's eyes.
    They can tell us anything.
    It also works in their favour with regard buying players. Just tell us the player's wage demands were over the top.
    They could have dispelled our fears with a modest investment in January.
    Living in Blackpool I witnessed first hand the damage done by owners 'milking' the club's finances.
    It took years to oust the Oystons despite fans boycotting games the FA were powerless.
    I'd like to be proved wrong, but I fear the worst.
    Bournemouth and Southampton were playing lads in the Premier that had got them out of the 3rd tier.
    All I want our owners to do is reward players with contracts they deserve, not sell our best players to the first bidder, and to reinvest a decent percentage of fees received for players sold.
    If we sold Pinnock & Woodrow for example, in the summer, why would the rest want to stay?
    The last thing I want is millions spent on players from all corners of the world that we can't relate to.
    Whatever division we are in, the same principles apply.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Have you anybody worth buying Acido,our board will pay over the odds prices as you well know.lol,
    For if or when we do sell our decent CB's Alf, whats Kevin Long doing these days, is he even still at Burnsley ?.
    I appreciated the role he played in our previous promotion from Lg One, and I think we showed a real interest in signing him that January after his loan spell.
    If you want to give us about £5 million for Mamadoodoo Thiam, we'll throw in Ryan Hedges for free and we'll take Kev Long in a swap. Come on then, Deal, or no deal ?.

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    Definitely promotion and see where these owners show their cards
    I’m expecting a steady but SOLID build.
    Not the strategy of ‘throwing the baby out with the bath water’ which we saw every season under the previous owner.

It also depends who comes in for the players? Hardly any of our players are from Tarn so have no loyalty to Barnsley!
    If Rotherham came in for Pinnock and offered a Million I would expect us to sit him down and say look we have better prospects and a bigger fan base than them so we will match their wages offer to keep you here!
    However if Aston Villa, Derby, West Brom or Boro came in for example we couldn’t say the same could we?
    Put it this way if any of you were getting 5k a week playing for Plymouth would you stay out of loyalty if Villa came in and offered you 30k a week? If you say yes your lying!

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    It also depends who comes in for the players? Hardly any of our players are from Tarn so have no loyalty to Barnsley!
    If Rotherham came in for Pinnock and offered a Million I would expect us to sit him down and say look we have better prospects and a bigger fan base than them so we will match their wages offer to keep you here!
    However if Aston Villa, Derby, West Brom or Boro came in for example we couldn’t say the same could we?
    Put it this way if any of you were getting 5k a week playing for Plymouth would you stay out of loyalty if Villa came in and offered you 30k a week? If you say yes your lying!
    That's just it. If the owners had any ambition all our players would stay because we have more cumulative wealth than those clubs you just mentioned. Wages is one thing that shouldn't be a problem. As are the FFP fines.

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    I'm hoping we do go up , that's the aim ( certainly for us Fans ) the current model of selling our best players , and recruiting from lower leagues just doesn't work , we've seen this before , we are a yo yo club , and that's not good enough , We Fans deserve better , and if these Owners can't see that? then it's time they took their money grabbing ways elsewhere ,
    You speak wise words Grasshopper. The whole recruitment model needs to change. SB, he say--

"Don't chase butterflies, instead change the garden and the butterflies will come to you."

Happy Valley Buddhist Centre

I wonder how many fans have got their early bird STs not knowing what lg we'll be in next season and what will happen in the summer transfer market its like buying a car and not looking if it's got an engine

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    You speak wise words Grasshopper. The whole recruitment model needs to change. SB, he say--

"Don't chase butterflies, instead change the garden and the butterflies will come to you."

Happy Valley Buddhist Centre
    Luvvit

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast