+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Are we better off staying in Division One

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Luvvit
    Luvvit ?. Err no I didnt understand a word of it kid, but each to their own eh.

If and I say IF we do go up this season Roma, I think a lot of us are really hoping for better arent we from these owners. And that means making the effort to keep us up by spending wisely, rather than to just trying to make more profit from continued player sales etc.
    Last edited by Acido; 16-04-2019 at 02:48 PM.

Willevta see what Division weer in Acido , we need to be competitive if promoted ? If possible keep the nucleus of this squad and add some better quality 25/26 year olds with some Championship experience , wiv still that hotshot from Boro via Bradfud to come yet ! Am not gooin on Friday tha can ev mi ticket if tha wants it ? Al draw thi some directions as to weer grarnd is !!

.. Am not gooin on Friday tha can ev mi ticket if tha wants it ? Al draw thi some directions as to weer grarnd is !!
    Dont be a cheeky old git eh, although that did make me laff to be honest.

Willevta see what Division weer in Acido , we need to be competitive if promoted ? If possible keep the nucleus of this squad and add some better quality 25/26 year olds with some Championship experience , wiv still that hotshot from Boro via Bradfud to come yet ! Am not gooin on Friday tha can ev mi ticket if tha wants it ? Al draw thi some directions as to weer grarnd is !!
    There’s one thing for certain, promoted or not it should show the true intentions of the owners in terms of players. If we go up we need to keep some and replace with better for others, if we remain then we need to keep most of current.
    Said all long would wait to see some true intention which should be seen this summer

Here goes with my 1st post!! I was thinking this on the way home from the coventry game the other week. i have enjoyed this season, new grounds, the style of football and winning makes a huge difference. A rotherham fan came on the radio saying something similar too after they had been hammered 6-1 by derby. Is it better to be at a level where you can compete as opposed to getting beat every week? firstly, you have to strive to be better and being in the championship is better. also you may hope to attract better players and more importantly keep the ones you have. however, it would be have to be a result to finish 4th from bottom of the championship in the 1st season and not go straight down. teams like bolton, wigan, millwall and rotherham are in the same boat, becoming yo yo teams. a promotion would be superb, but lets not kid ourselves, this side is probably too good for league 1 and not good enough for the championship, unless experienced players are recruited to help the younger lads.

Welcome Manc.
    Spot on, but even if a dint agree tha still welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by manc_tyke View Post
    Here goes with my 1st post!! I was thinking this on the way home from the coventry game the other week. i have enjoyed this season, new grounds, the style of football and winning makes a huge difference. A rotherham fan came on the radio saying something similar too after they had been hammered 6-1 by derby. Is it better to be at a level where you can compete as opposed to getting beat every week? firstly, you have to strive to be better and being in the championship is better. also you may hope to attract better players and more importantly keep the ones you have. however, it would be have to be a result to finish 4th from bottom of the championship in the 1st season and not go straight down. teams like bolton, wigan, millwall and rotherham are in the same boat, becoming yo yo teams. a promotion would be superb, but lets not kid ourselves, this side is probably too good for league 1 and not good enough for the championship, unless experienced players are recruited to help the younger lads.
    Welcome Manc.
    I’d like another season just like this one.... preferably in the Championship but if not
    I’d take this again...

Haha cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Welcome Manc.
    I’d like another season just like this one.... preferably in the Championship but if not
    I’d take this again...
    Cheers 👍

Portsmouth and S’land are better equipped for the Championship. Luton also have a more illustrious history than Barnsley and would be able to attract better players given proximity to London. Stay where you are and enjoy beating Rotherham, Donny, Scunny etc.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast