+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Shocking Worse Foul I Have Ever Seen

Shocking Worse Foul I Have Ever Seen

I went to watch a non-league game yesterday afternoon and witnessed the worst foul I have ever seen. It was in the Bostik South East Division where a Guernsey player hospitalises Greenwich Borough player with what I suspect is a broken back. (I hope not but i sincerely fear the worst) It was shocking moment which silenced the one thousand plus attendance.

The English referee, who missed most things during the match missed this and allowed play to continue for a few seconds before realising the severity of this disgraceful act. We heard the crack from behind the goal as the Green Lions player pummelled into the Greenwich player in mid air. It appeared clear the greens player had no intention of heading the ball and just went for the player.

I just hope the lad is going to be ok but I fear for the worst. If the referee had dealt with the previous flash points in a highly charged relegation battle, this would not have happened. He was poor, very ,very poor.

My thoughts are with the Greenwich player and shame on the Guernsey player who I suspect, could be facing a criminal investigation so bad was the challenge.

The standard of refereeing in these lower leagues is appalling Guern. I get to watch Folkestone Invicta most weeks in the Ryman Premier and there is always controversy, mainly due the fact that referees at this level are very weak. I hope the Greenwich lad is going to be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggiemadguern View Post
    I went to watch a non-league game yesterday afternoon and witnessed the worst foul I have ever seen. It was in the Bostik South East Division where a Guernsey player hospitalises Greenwich Borough player with what I suspect is a broken back. (I hope not but i sincerely fear the worst) It was shocking moment which silenced the one thousand plus attendance.

The English referee, who missed most things during the match missed this and allowed play to continue for a few seconds before realising the severity of this disgraceful act. We heard the crack from behind the goal as the Green Lions player pummelled into the Greenwich player in mid air. It appeared clear the greens player had no intention of heading the ball and just went for the player.

I just hope the lad is going to be ok but I fear for the worst. If the referee had dealt with the previous flash points in a highly charged relegation battle, this would not have happened. He was poor, very ,very poor.

My thoughts are with the Greenwich player and shame on the Guernsey player who I suspect, could be facing a criminal investigation so bad was the challenge.
    BMG, keep us posted on the outcome if you hear

Sounds nasty! The worst I saw was one of our lads getting took out in a tackle and he severed his calf muscle from the guys studs. It was hanging. Could have been me because we both were wingers/attackers.

It's hardly the referee's fault if a player sets out to do an opponent. It's easy to miss something when you are following play. Of course the referees are going to be of a lower standard in the lesser leagues. If the players didn't set out to cheat, whether it be diving, shirt pulling or worse the officials would have a much easier job. I hope the lad is okay.

I am glad to report the Greenwich player travelled back to London on the same flight as his team mates having been released from hospital after check up. I think he is a very lucky individual, that snapping noise was haunting me last night to be honest.

The human body can take a hell of a lot of punishment before it breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    It's hardly the referee's fault if a player sets out to do an opponent. It's easy to miss something when you are following play. Of course the referees are going to be of a lower standard in the lesser leagues. If the players didn't set out to cheat, whether it be diving, shirt pulling or worse the officials would have a much easier job. I hope the lad is okay.
    The Guy was ok, and was released after a brief visit to the hospital as a precaution. I was at the match, and have reviewed the video footage, and it was a coming together, no malice intended, and he did check he was ok when he noticed he went down. I didnt hear any 'crack' as was previously embellished.

There were a lot of hard challenges on the day, as you would expect in a relegation battle, and on balance both teams gave(and received) as good as they got and any one of those challenges could have resulted in a similar ending (one of the Guernsey players walked off with a bloody mouth after an elbow to the face, but no mention of that).

I have seen much worse from Alfie Haaland, Roy Kean, Psycho and the like, so am surprised at the drama in which this was reported.

At the end of the day, no permanent damage, and this is the contact sport of football, not ballet.

Quote Originally Posted by Panthera18 View Post
    The Guy was ok, and was released after a brief visit to the hospital as a precaution. I was at the match, and have reviewed the video footage, and it was a coming together, no malice intended, and he did check he was ok when he noticed he went down. I didnt hear any 'crack' as was previously embellished.

There were a lot of hard challenges on the day, as you would expect in a relegation battle, and on balance both teams gave(and received) as good as they got and any one of those challenges could have resulted in a similar ending (one of the Guernsey players walked off with a bloody mouth after an elbow to the face, but no mention of that).

I have seen much worse from Alfie Haaland, Roy Kean, Psycho and the like, so am surprised at the drama in which this was reported.

At the end of the day, no permanent damage, and this is the contact sport of football, not ballet.
    Your perception. I was behind the goal where the incident took place. All heard the crack and were unanimous that it was deliberate. The Guernsey player only went over to check the Greenwich player after 10 mins or so.

Football is not ballet, and I for one do not like the way the game has gone, to soft, however, the Guernsey player made no attempt to head the ball. In fact he never had any chance of getting to it. Disgraceful challenge.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)