+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Player Picks

Player Picks

I thought it would be interesting to see how we all think for this:

Player of the Season: Rondon
    Young Player of the Season: Longstaff
    Most Consistent Player of the Season: Schar
    Under-Performer of the Season: Shelvey

Rondon - I just don't think we can underestimate what he's done for us this season. He's led the line, score important goals and generally run himself into the ground for us. He shows how Rafa's system can work, more so when you add in players like Miggy around him.

Longstaff - I did think about Hayden since he's still young (only 24), however it has to be Longstaff. He came in and did the job asked, nailed the position for himself before the injury. The way he helps us move the ball and his willingness to have a crack at goal from outside the box. Think he'll be a big player for us next season.

Schar - i did consider Ritchie but Schar edged it because he's score some *****ly important goals for us, on top of the solid defensive performances. As far as i'm concerned he's nailed one of the CB positions, alongside Lejeune.

Shelvey - I rate him, i don't want him to leave particulary however when he's come on and played this season it's felt like he hasn't been quite the player in seasons past. He might need a few games to get up to speed but i've just not been impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    I thought it would be interesting to see how we all think for this:

Most Consistent Player of the Season: Schar
    Under-Performer of the Season: Shelvey

Rondon - I just don't think we can underestimate what he's done for us this season. He's led the line, score important goals and generally run himself into the ground for us. He shows how Rafa's system can work, more so when you add in players like Miggy around him.

Longstaff - I did think about Hayden since he's still young (only 24), however it has to be Longstaff. He came in and did the job asked, nailed the position for himself before the injury. The way he helps us move the ball and his willingness to have a crack at goal from outside the box. Think he'll be a big player for us next season.

Schar - i did consider Ritchie but Schar edged it because he's score some *****ly important goals for us, on top of the solid defensive performances. As far as i'm concerned he's nailed one of the CB positions, alongside Lejeune.

Shelvey - I rate him, i don't want him to leave particulary however when he's come on and played this season it's felt like he hasn't been quite the player in seasons past. He might need a few games to get up to speed but i've just not been impressed.
    Can't fault the above analysis but I also think a mention for Dúbravka would be welcome. He's rarely let the side down also is exciting to watch after some of the goalkeeping we've seen in recent years.

Aye, good calls, Jammy.

I think I'd go for Kenedy as under-performer of the season. No idea where his head is other than up his arse.

For me:

Player of the Season: Schar
    Most Consistent Player of the Season: Lascelles (a few wobbles but still gets it).
    Under-Performer of the Season: Kenedy

Player of the season schar
    Goal of the season schar
    Goal of the season runner up schar
    Bargain of the season schar
    Most consistent player schar
    Biggest disappointment kenedy or Muto
    Young player (is schar too old?) Longstaff.
    Performance of the season Everton home

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    Player of the season schar
    Goal of the season schar
    Goal of the season runner up schar
    Bargain of the season schar
    Most consistent player schar
    Biggest disappointment kenedy or Muto
    Young player (is schar too old?) Longstaff.
    Performance of the season Everton home
    Can we take it that you rate Schar, Mick?

Schar is hands down our best player
    Worst player muto

Young Player of the Season: Hayden.
    Most Consistent Player of the Season: Dubravka.
    Under-Performer of the Season: Kenedy.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)