+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wigan Ath Res v Millers Reserves 16/04/19

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Anyone told Paul Cook to drop his first team and use his reserves for the run in?
    Hope he played his first team

Final reserves game of the season is next Tuesday at Roundwood
    Name:  res update Apr2019.jpg
Views: 338
Size:  19.6 KB

What a crap set up it is these days! Just seems like they play whoever, whenever. Playing the same four or five teams over and over.
    I remember when the reserves used to play against Liverpool reserves, Man Utd reserves etc and games were played at the proper stadiums not training grounds. 😩

Quote Originally Posted by Hazza Has A Gazza View Post
    What a crap set up it is these days! Just seems like they play whoever, whenever. Playing the same four or five teams over and over.
    I remember when the reserves used to play against Liverpool reserves, Man Utd reserves etc and games were played at the proper stadiums not training grounds. ��
    I agree. It's not even our "real" reserves for some of those games. Most (all?) of the losses above (red boxes) were the development squad. I wonder if the senior Millers squad has been away to a training camp this week, or even given a few days off! Must be some logical explanation.
    Last edited by mikemiller; 17-04-2019 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    I agree. It's not even our "real" reserves for some of those games. Most (all?) of the losses above (red boxes) were the development squad. I wonder if the senior Millers squad has been away to a training camp this week, or even given a few days off! Must be some logical explanation.
    I wouldn't have risked any of the squad for this game. I don't think that the squad itself would have done anything other than the basic warm ups/downs and set plays. They certainly wouldn't want tiring out at all afteer the week they've just had and the next 9 days which have the 3 ***** matches..

My word I'm Shyting it for the next weeks matches but I hope they have what it takes to get the 2 wins needed.

PW actually contacted us about putting out a MM XI for this game but the logistics of getting all the expats back were too much. I'm sure with CT in goal we wouldn't have lost 9-0.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    PW actually contacted us about putting out a MM XI for this game but the logistics of getting all the expats back were too much. I'm sure with CT in goal we wouldn't have lost 9-0.
    Totally agree and especially with three rows o' tulips in front of his goal area to disrupt the opposition from scoring.....
    Last edited by Brin; 17-04-2019 at 08:20 PM.

Three rows of tulips in a 4-5-1 formation

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Three rows of tulips in a 4-5-1 formation

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12