+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jimmy shan it is then

Quote Originally Posted by Joy_Division View Post
    If Adolf Hitler was our head coach and Attilla the Hun his number two I still would not want Vile to go up at our expense. I would still get behind the team even though I did not agree with who was running the show. If you are a fan you have to support your team come what may, good times bad times. I just think we are heading for a fall but I will fall with them no doubt.
    It's because of fans like you the club will never change fans like you that put up with all the sh-t thrown at them and keep moaning rather than do something about it

I don't because of the embarrassment at least villa will spend money and have ago with by the way the manager we should have had

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    53 - I go to almost every game! Sorry - I don’t want an inexperienced coach leading us into the play offs on a cheap option. It will end in tears. The six games have hardly made me fall off my seat and lots of luck and still poor selections.
    Really? He bought in Edwards from nowhere who scored the winner v Brentford. He made a half time change v Birmingham that you could argue won us the game. He switched formation so we had 2 up front v Preston.

I wasn't at Millwall, but the major incidents in the game were down to player error - we missed a penalty, scored an own goal and a bad keeping error lead to their first half. We also had individual errors lead to goals against us against Bristol City.

He's said the right things in the press since that game about having a 'lower league' mentality at the back and not taking so many chances. He seems to me a progressive, young manager who wants to improve.

There are no other candidates out there jumping out at us. Can not for the life of me understand any fans who knock Shan. He's given us 15 years of service and helped create a youth team to be proud of. You could say he's earned a chance. The decision has been made now, let's get fully behind them until the end of the season no?

Just like to add that during my time following Albion nearly 60 years our greatest successes have come through taking a chance on rookie managers.ie...ashman.giles.fat Ron and ozzy.the rest you can by and large forget

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    Really? He bought in Edwards from nowhere who scored the winner v Brentford. He made a half time change v Birmingham that you could argue won us the game. He switched formation so we had 2 up front v Preston.

I wasn't at Millwall, but the major incidents in the game were down to player error - we missed a penalty, scored an own goal and a bad keeping error lead to their first half. We also had individual errors lead to goals against us against Bristol City.

He's said the right things in the press since that game about having a 'lower league' mentality at the back and not taking so many chances. He seems to me a progressive, young manager who wants to improve.

There are no other candidates out there jumping out at us. Can not for the life of me understand any fans who knock Shan. He's given us 15 years of service and helped create a youth team to be proud of. You could say he's earned a chance. The decision has been made now, let's get fully behind them until the end of the season no?
    where's the like button

Shan's the man to take us up COYB get behind our team. 3rd place still up for grabs.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post

I am not knocking Shan who has done well in the circumstances. I would get behind any manager otherwise it would be pointless going to the matches - and I do almost every game.

Yes Edwards did well against Brentford but then understandably struggled. Our best prospect in years Harper has been bombed out which is a shame. Perhaps Livermore should be bombed out as he contributes very little. Brunt at least gives 100% although past it - certainly should not play in CM.

Jenkins will do whatever he wants as West Brom fans unlike other fans are too accepting!!! Would Shan have stayed had we lost to Preston? No. So the cheap option has been dangled on a string game by game. If you have been impressed in the last six games then perhaps - we have been to different matches. Swansea could have had four - Blues were very unlucky and certainly was no penalty - Brentford was a poor game with one act of brilliance. We were shocking collectively at Millwall and was not down to one player. Bristol - we were shocking in the first half and Preston had their heads down from the start. It sums up the shambles at West Brom when Neil would rather stay at Preston!!!

So if we don’t get through the play offs - what should we all say - we tried!! No guarantees with an experienced manager but then again supporters would be more foregiving for having a go!

Shan would not have wanted the likes of Megson, Pearson or Shakespeare coming in but he can walk away - the supporters will not. I would have had one of these three managers at the helm with Shan assisting.

Tolerance ensures people like Jenkins do exactly what they want. The same tolerance ensures scum bags like Begum get what they want because of your comment - ‘ she’s British so we have to deal with it’. This same tolerance is why the UK is a magnet for all the dross coming through Europe to the UK. I have been saying for years that the ownership and board at West Brom stinks but hey - nobody does nothing but blame the manager!!!

For sure Shan will be the next culprit who is the innocent guy albeit an inexperienced one! If we don’t make the play offs - many will blame Shan. I won’t blame Shan but my anger will be directed at Jenkins but he will be on a beach. Will he care? No because of tolerance and because he can do what he wants and when he wants. Fat Mike thought he could do the same until he got screwed by the Debenhams Board!
    Last edited by baggieal; 16-04-2019 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmeras View Post
    Disgrace penny pinching bas_ards youth team coach we don't deserve to go up come on villa leave us where we belong
    Are you a Villa supporter in disguise?

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    I am not knocking Shan who has done well in the circumstances. I would get behind any manager otherwise it would be pointless going to the matches - and I do almost every game.

Yes Edwards did well against Brentford but then understandably struggled. Our best prospect in years Harper has been bombed out which is a shame. Perhaps Livermore should be bombed out as he contributes very little. Brunt at least gives 100% although past it - certainly should not play in CM.

Jenkins will do whatever he wants as West Brom fans unlike other fans are too accepting!!! Would Shan have stayed had we lost to Preston? No. So the cheap option has been dangled on a string game by game. If you have been impressed in the last six games then perhaps - we have been to different matches. Swansea could have had four - Blues were very unlucky and certainly was no penalty - Brentford was a poor game with one act of brilliance. We were shocking collectively at Millwall and was not down to one player. Bristol - we were shocking in the first half and Preston had their heads down from the start. It sums up the shambles at West Brom when Neil would rather stay at Preston!!!

So if we don’t get through the play offs - what should we all say - we tried!! No guarantees with an experienced manager but then again supporters would be more foregiving for having a go!

Shan would not have wanted the likes of Megson, Pearson or Shakespeare coming in but he can walk away - the supporters will not. I would have had one of these three managers at the helm with Shan assisting.

Tolerance ensures people like Jenkins do exactly what they want. The same tolerance ensures scum bags like Begum get what they want because of your comment - ‘ she’s British so we have to deal with it’. This same tolerance is why the UK is a magnet for all the dross coming through Europe to the UK. I have been saying for years that the ownership and board at West Brom stinks but hey - nobody does nothing but blame the manager!!!

For sure Shan will be the next culprit who is the innocent guy albeit an inexperienced one! If we don’t make the play offs - many will blame Shan. I won’t blame Shan but my anger will be directed at Jenkins but he will be on a beach. Will he care? No because of tolerance and because he can do what he wants and when he wants. Fat Mike thought he could do the same until he got screwed by the Debenhams Board!
    Again Al I have to agree with your post
    Shan wouldn't be my choice , the mistake was made last season giving DM the job we have a **** board & **** owners . But the decision been made now & it ain't going to change so let's get behind him & the team & hope we can pull the play offs ..... off .

Quote Originally Posted by Palmeras View Post
    Disgrace penny pinching bas_ards youth team coach we don't deserve to go up come on villa leave us where we belong
    Oh fkn 'ell.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)