+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jimmy shan it is then

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    Really? He bought in Edwards from nowhere who scored the winner v Brentford. He made a half time change v Birmingham that you could argue won us the game. He switched formation so we had 2 up front v Preston.

I wasn't at Millwall, but the major incidents in the game were down to player error - we missed a penalty, scored an own goal and a bad keeping error lead to their first half. We also had individual errors lead to goals against us against Bristol City.

He's said the right things in the press since that game about having a 'lower league' mentality at the back and not taking so many chances. He seems to me a progressive, young manager who wants to improve.

There are no other candidates out there jumping out at us. Can not for the life of me understand any fans who knock Shan. He's given us 15 years of service and helped create a youth team to be proud of. You could say he's earned a chance. The decision has been made now, let's get fully behind them until the end of the season no?
    I just hope Shan gets treated decently if we don't go up. As you say, he's given good service to our club. He didn't apply for the job, there was just no one else to give it to due to the boards total incompetence, but there lies the problem, whilst there might not be any suitable candidates jumping out at us, there are suitable candidates out there but none of the good one's would come at this moment in time. Personally, lets get to season end and see where we are. Up until then I'm supporting him as he's a victim of a clueless board as are the supporters.

As I've said before, the problem was that we should never have sacked Moore without a replacement ready and waiting. The fact that we did left us 'up the creek without a paddle'. In fairness I think that Shan has done a decent job and feel that with the position that we find ourselves in, he is the best option. I think it would have been foolish to appoint someone new with four games left plus, in all probability, the play-offs. Even the best of managers need time to assess the players that he has at his disposal and that is something that whoever took over, just wouldn't have had. All we can do now is get behind the players and management and hope for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    As I've said before, the problem was that we should never have sacked Moore without a replacement ready and waiting. The fact that we did left us 'up the creek without a paddle'. In fairness I think that Shan has done a decent job and feel that with the position that we find ourselves in, he is the best option. I think it would have been foolish to appoint someone new with four games left plus, in all probability, the play-offs. Even the best of managers need time to assess the players that he has at his disposal and that is something that whoever took over, just wouldn't have had. All we can do now is get behind the players and management and hope for the best.
    I agree and I will get behind whoever but totally disagree as the cheap option yet again. Not to appoint an experienced manager like Megson or Pearson with Shan assisting is short sighted. I hope it does not end in tears. If it does who takes the wrap? The board won’t - that’s for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by goodlordmurphy View Post
    Are you a Villa supporter in disguise?
    I couldn’t give a flying d uck about the vile or anybody else....let’s get behind the manager,and behind the team till the end of the season ....come on you baggies

I feel it's a good move by the board. No point bringing in a new face with new ideas and little knowledge of the squad at this point of the season.
    They haven't got much right recently. The appointment of Moore was a poor move, always going to end early in tears. Who knows if they had a replacement lined up for him? They may have and it may have fallen through.
    If we do go up do we stick with Shan? It would be hard not to, but could be a major disaster if we do. The squad will be getting a major overhaul this summer. The loan players will return to their respective clubs, the older players will be released, the handful of decent players we have will be looking to move on. I feel we need experience to guide us into next season. Hopefully Shan will stay on, either reverting to youth coach or as the new man's number 2.
    Signing Gayle early would be a good move by the board.

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    I feel it's a good move by the board. No point bringing in a new face with new ideas and little knowledge of the squad at this point of the season.
    They haven't got much right recently. The appointment of Moore was a poor move, always going to end early in tears. Who knows if they had a replacement lined up for him? They may have and it may have fallen through.
    If we do go up do we stick with Shan? It would be hard not to, but could be a major disaster if we do. The squad will be getting a major overhaul this summer. The loan players will return to their respective clubs, the older players will be released, the handful of decent players we have will be looking to move on. I feel we need experience to guide us into next season. Hopefully Shan will stay on, either reverting to youth coach or as the new man's number 2.
    Signing Gayle early would be a good move by the board.
    But why not Shan assisting an experienced coach? Let’s say Megson, Pearson or Shakespeare as examples. Surely Shan would have worked under any of them but would they work under Shan? It could be damaging for their CV’S....,,.,.....

See my point! Of course players like Brunt and Morrison will have their say - they won’t get a better option than West Brom and more chance of game time under Shan - likewise with Bartley, HRK and Townsend! Harper and Field though might be looking at alternatives quickly as they should as talent like this is a total waste!
    Last edited by baggieal; 16-04-2019 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA53 View Post
    And they call themselves Albion fans!sorry just don't get that statement
    He has not made one single positive post on any topic.

Quote Originally Posted by goodlordmurphy View Post
    Are you a Villa supporter in disguise?
    No l am no way a villa fan what I am saying is villa _ Boro _ derby _forest _sheff utd _leeds they would all give it a good go in the premier but we would not our owner will not spend the money it would be a waste of time we are a championship club and that's where we should stay I just think villa are the strongest team in the play offs

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    Really? He bought in Edwards from nowhere who scored the winner v Brentford. He made a half time change v Birmingham that you could argue won us the game. He switched formation so we had 2 up front v Preston.

I wasn't at Millwall, but the major incidents in the game were down to player error - we missed a penalty, scored an own goal and a bad keeping error lead to their first half. We also had individual errors lead to goals against us against Bristol City.

He's said the right things in the press since that game about having a 'lower league' mentality at the back and not taking so many chances. He seems to me a progressive, young manager who wants to improve.

There are no other candidates out there jumping out at us. Can not for the life of me understand any fans who knock Shan. He's given us 15 years of service and helped create a youth team to be proud of. You could say he's earned a chance. The decision has been made now, let's get fully behind them until the end of the season no?
    Very good post....

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    Very good post....
    Indeed, COYB and f**k the rest 😎

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)