+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Survival almost secured,...But Next Season ,? Are we going to do the usual ??..

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    The postitivity on this board is something to behold.
    I wonder how you would react if something really serious happened and had to be dealt with.
    It is easy to run a football club when you are not the people responsible for making the decisions, however, it is just about opinions until you are in the hot seat ---as my cousin once was!
    You know what Sub, I reckon any of me, you, or your cousin could run a football club, if the manager was Sean Dyche.

Quote Originally Posted by bfcjon View Post
    Yes,Well Done ,..we will be in the Prem again,!!!,...(more luck than judgement inmo)
    If we have the same again,...Could Garlic step up!!( Or his he inept as usual ).
    We HAVE To ,....Because the teams coming up Will have a far bigger budget than us, I am sure.
    So Having Garlic Thinking, there are 3 Teams worse than ,..Is not going to Cut it next season....!!

Next season is ,...Make or Break, FOR BURNLEY, AND GARLIC...

CAN HE DO BETTER.....YES!!,...And He Has to...
    Bloody Hell..... Lets get this season done with first. Why can't people just be happy that we are in the Premiership???

Quote Originally Posted by Claret_Matelot View Post
    Bloody Hell..... Lets get this season done with first. Why can't people just be happy that we are in the Premiership???
    Just wait until the transfer window opens and then watch this site and see the wishful thinking

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    You know what Sub, I reckon any of me, you, or your cousin could run a football club, if the manager was Sean Dyche.
    How much would you be prepared to pay in wages Sinkov? Apparently our wage bill was £80 million including bonuses. How much extra do you think we should spend?

You may argue that some of the players (Hendrick?) are not worth it and need shipping out and replacing. But Hendrick is one of the first on Sean's team sheet. If you insisted that he is not up to it and needs to go then how much would you accept for him? And how much would you spend on a replacement? So this would probably shove up our wage bill even further. If Sean insisted on keeping him what would you do? Dig your heels in and say "I'm the boss and he must go" Or accept that Sean sees him as a valuable asset to the team?

That's just one aspect of running a Prem footy club Sinkov.

Do you HONESTLY think that you could have led us to the same success as we have had recently? Or when you say "run a football club" do you mean run it into the ground?

Sorry, but it's pretty slow on the Brexit front and I need an argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Claret_Matelot View Post
    Bloody Hell..... Lets get this season done with first. Why can't people just be happy that we are in the Premiership?
    Yes we are happy,to be hopefully still in the Prem.

But it was MORE LUCK THAN JUDGEMENT ,.as posted ,if McNeil,Westwood and Taylor had not upped their game ,We would have been Down already., with little help from our Board..

But Next season,..Will probably be our last, Unless Our Board pull there fingers out.

We Cannot carry on, every season, thinking there are 3 worse teams than us!!

Again we Live in hope with OUR Board,...But I think WE are now at least 2 years behind any upcoming clubs.

Would we ever get to know,..If their was a serious takeover bid with Garlic in charge??

I Very much doubt it,....But the lack of offers is deafening . Cannot believe that certain people have not appreared to be interested in Burnley.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    How much would you be prepared to pay in wages Sinkov? Apparently our wage bill was £80 million including bonuses. How much extra do you think we should spend?

You may argue that some of the players (Hendrick?) are not worth it and need shipping out and replacing. But Hendrick is one of the first on Sean's team sheet. If you insisted that he is not up to it and needs to go then how much would you accept for him? And how much would you spend on a replacement? So this would probably shove up our wage bill even further. If Sean insisted on keeping him what would you do? Dig your heels in and say "I'm the boss and he must go" Or accept that Sean sees him as a valuable asset to the team?

That's just one aspect of running a Prem footy club Sinkov.

Do you HONESTLY think that you could have led us to the same success as we have had recently? Or when you say "run a football club" do you mean run it into the ground?

Sorry, but it's pretty slow on the Brexit front and I need an argument.
    All those questions just for me 59, but it's clear you are totally missing the point of my post. Sean Dyche would be running my club, I would defer to him on everything you're asking of me, and virtually everything else besides. All I would be doing is sitting in my boardroom, cigar in hand, feet on desk, and sitting back watching the money roll in as Sean runs my club for me.

A doddle, and I'd be thanking my lucky stars I had the good fortune to have Mr Dyche in charge of my affairs. I sometimes wonder if Mr. Garlick thinks the same way, or does he think all this success and the overflowing Dry Powder store is all down to his genius and business acumen ? Maybe he does, some on here seem to think so anyway.

Without doubt, in my opinion, he is the best Burnley manager in my lifetime Sinkov. For me he has eclipsed Harry Potts.

But he doesn't run the whole club you know. Perhaps we should shove a brush up his arse so he can sweep up on this way round.

I think we have a very rare situation here. Great manager and board singing off the same hymn sheet with a plan that is working.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post

But he doesn't run the whole club you know. Perhaps we should shove a brush up his arse so he can sweep up on this way round.
    No of course he doesn't 59, I wouldn't expect him to run everything if I was in charge either. I'd run it very much as it's run now, nothing much would change, it would just be me with my feet up in the boardroom instead of Mr Garlick, while Sean took care of all the important stuff and kept the moolah rolling in. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, no brainer, easy peasy.

Why are we always the team being linked with other clubs looking to snap up our best players for a starter. If we don't keep the cream and dump the dross then yes we will be exiting this division very soon. There is a big rebuilding job in the summer where we need more transfers in than we achieved last season just to replace the leavers eg Bardsley, Couch etc. I am afraid I have no real confidence in this club to get the players we need and pay the wages to get the business done. Whats the betting that we will be moaning in the summer at the lack of quality signings as we sign up players nobody has ever heard of or the odd has been!! And yes my betting is we also wont even get the dross in before the pre-season either. A proper club would have a plan ; whose going, whose being sold etc and therefore what do we need and who can we get to improve the team. Hardly Rocket science but well beyond the capability this lot I'm afraid.
    Last edited by Deadlydave; 17-04-2019 at 10:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlydave View Post
    Why are we always the team being linked with other clubs looking to snap up our best players for a starter. If we don't keep the cream and dump the dross then yes we will be exiting this division very soon. There is a big rebuilding job in the summer where we need more transfers in than we achieved last season just to replace the leavers eg Bardsley, Couch etc. I am afraid I have no real confidence in this club to get the players we need and pay the wages to get the business done. Whats the betting that we will be moaning in the summer at the lack of quality signings as we sign up players nobody has ever heard of or the odd has been!! And yes my betting is we also wont even get the dross in before the pre-season either. A proper club would have a plan ; whose going, whose being sold etc and therefore what do we need and who can we get to improve the team. Hardly Rocket science but well beyond the capability this lot I'm afraid.
    We have a plan. Squeeze the juices out of the first team. Bring in and develop young players and get thirty million a piece for them (e.g. McNeil). Have 25 players in the squad who know their role (e.g. Long, Gibson, Lennon, Vydra and Blake). Fill the Dry Powder Room up to ceiling with lovely lucre, keep the fans happy with the odd discounted away game (e.g. Chelsea and Everton), give them the odd free flag (e.g. Wolves and Cardiff) so they can all happily think they are part of a big happy family and keep on counting the cash. Remind me again DD - who does not have a plan?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)