+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Survival almost secured,...But Next Season ,? Are we going to do the usual ??..

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    We have a plan. Squeeze the juices out of the first team. Bring in and develop young players and get thirty million a piece for them (e.g. McNeil). Have 25 players in the squad who know their role (e.g. Long, Gibson, Lennon, Vydra and Blake). Fill the Dry Powder Room up to ceiling with lovely lucre, keep the fans happy with the odd discounted away game (e.g. Chelsea and Everton), give them the odd free flag (e.g. Wolves and Cardiff) so they can all happily think they are part of a big happy family and keep on counting the cash. Remind me again DD - who does not have a plan?
    Blake ? Who he ?

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlydave View Post
    Why are we always the team being linked with other clubs looking to snap up our best players for a starter. If we don't keep the cream and dump the dross then yes we will be exiting this division very soon. There is a big rebuilding job in the summer where we need more transfers in than we achieved last season just to replace the leavers eg Bardsley, Couch etc. I am afraid I have no real confidence in this club to get the players we need and pay the wages to get the business done. Whats the betting that we will be moaning in the summer at the lack of quality signings as we sign up players nobody has ever heard of or the odd has been!! And yes my betting is we also wont even get the dross in before the pre-season either. A proper club would have a plan ; whose going, whose being sold etc and therefore what do we need and who can we get to improve the team. Hardly Rocket science but well beyond the capability this lot I'm afraid.
    I admire your confidence Dave, you actually think we'll be signing some players, after the debacle of the last two windows I'm not convinced we'll sign anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlydave View Post
    Why are we always the team being linked with other clubs looking to snap up our best players for a starter. If we don't keep the cream and dump the dross then yes we will be exiting this division very soon. There is a big rebuilding job in the summer where we need more transfers in than we achieved last season just to replace the leavers eg Bardsley, Couch etc. I am afraid I have no real confidence in this club to get the players we need and pay the wages to get the business done. Whats the betting that we will be moaning in the summer at the lack of quality signings as we sign up players nobody has ever heard of or the odd has been!! And yes my betting is we also wont even get the dross in before the pre-season either. A proper club would have a plan ; whose going, whose being sold etc and therefore what do we need and who can we get to improve the team. Hardly Rocket science but well beyond the capability this lot I'm afraid.

A PLAN--LET'S SEE.

No more transfers in unless on loan.

But let's sell Popeye or Heaton and Tarks for what we can get.

Now THAT'S a plan.

Let's just leave it to Sean, eh?

He's a much better manager than any of us.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Let's just leave it to Sean, eh?

He's a much better manager than any of us.
    So what are we paying Mr Rigg for ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    So what are we paying Mr Rigg for ?
    Behave sinkov. He sold Vokes and brought in Crouch.

Getting a little bored of the negativity, repeating the same comments as last 4 windows despite being proven wrong each time.

The form shown since new year has been excellent, so why are those players suddenly not good enough?

I'd much rather have our board than some 'ambitious' boards like Fulham's any day

Quote Originally Posted by HeidyClaret View Post
    Getting a little bored of the negativity, repeating the same comments as last 4 windows despite being proven wrong each time.

The form shown since new year has been excellent, so why are those players suddenly not good enough?

I'd much rather have our board than some 'ambitious' boards like Fulham's any day
    When our lot are on fire they will beat almost anyone and like you Heidy, I think MOST of our players are good enough. We definitely need a new left back to replace Wardy, we definitely need a new right back to replace Bardsley, we definitely need a new striker to replace Couchy and we need to bolster our midfield options. I wonder if Aiden O'Neill is cutting it down under? (blueheeler?)

Quote Originally Posted by HeidyClaret View Post
    Getting a little bored of the negativity
    Yes so am I, time the Board supported the Club they proport to be fans of.

As for being proved wrong for 4 Windows, please take a look at the performances during that time, last year was littered with below par performances, yes we finished 7th only because more teams were worse than us, been surrounded by better teams this year confirmed by our struggle again with too many poor performances by players not good enough because we have not strengthened, as I keep saying, belief, grit, determination, will and a never say die attitude will not sustain us forever.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)