+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Message from the club

Dobmeister, - thanks, - you are certainly spot on with regards to your third and fourth sentences!

Not all keyboard warriors hide behind usernames and many are caring ,dedicated fans. Not clever to label all as a detriment to the club.

Club is a huge part of my life but to me Naysmith hasn't done himself any favours. Are we supposed to sit in silence ? Anyway, anything else can wait until our future is sorted and very soon at that.

I think a lot of the so called "keyboard warriors" are upset or downright frustrated at the tactics employed by the manager. What action would be taken by the BoD if they were approached by such supporters via their "open door policy" to complain about it. The answer is "nothing". As long as it doesn't descend into personal abuse of the players, management, BoD, etc, and as long as the "keyboard warriors" attend games to actually witness the problems they are commenting on, I don't see anything wrong with someone having a bit of a moan on a football forum.

JR, - you have no need to concern yourself and you are perfectly entitled to air your opinion, as am I and anyone else for that matter.

The point I think the club is attempting to make is that there is a marked difference between making a point on-line which you would not hesitate to make face to face, - and someone making up malicious stories, - which they would not dare to do in person.

Quite right Auld Chippy!........you and I must have replied simultaneously.

What would we give for a piece of Andy Thomson/ Jimmy Robertson/ Tommy Bryce heroic magic here in our hour of need ? This far more limited group have to dredge something up and fast at that. Help ma Boab.

Paying fans are entitled to voice their opinions.
    Naysmith has hardly come in for any criticism during games which is impressive given our plight and past experience of managers not doing well.
    Is it better to voice any unhappiness at games which could filter to the players or better to criticise in debate form on the internet? Imo definitely the latter as long as it's not abusive.

A win on Saturday and other results going our way could change everything.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Dobmeister, - a good post.

I actually think the reference to "hiding behind computer keyboards" was well intentioned because it infers that the club would prefer people to come and vent their displeasure in person, rather than via a keyboard, as the danger there is that conspiracy theories can be spawned, - quickly growing arms and legs to the extent that they are considered by many as facts.

An 'open door policy' is one that we should all take advantage of, - because in essence an open door allows the flow of ideas and information both ways.

One thing that I would like to say is: if Queens manage to beat Dunfermline on Saturday (and let no-one be under any illusion, that will be a big ask) then there would be 6 clubs, - yes six clubs, - (some of them too big to fail) who would be in danger of the automatic relegation spot.

lol its about time all on here started using there own names then there would be no so called keyboard warriors ,il vent my displeasure on forums or face to face im happy with both and il continue to do both as everyone knows who i am anyways i defo have no fear of posting whats on my mind no matter how bad it sounds to some ,so i wonder who there directing all this hiding behind keyboards too lol ,i vent my displeasure at them on the facebook sites aswell which is done with your real name pictures and addresses ,what would be achieved by speaking face to face with the board anyways ,nothing prob in one ear and out the other id rather let the world see what i have to say .i dont see any press releases to fans when the fans are applauding them for something ,if i like what the club or team have done or played like il heap praise on them and if i dont agree with something il vent anger or displeasure ,its my way .
    Last edited by Francis_begbie_HFC; 17-04-2019 at 09:51 PM.

a week or so ago i was posting some good ideas about how to create cash for queens and the keyboard warriors on here just plagued the chat with one liner belittling comments ,these are the keyboard warrior types ,then i noticed that same idea that i was posting on here getting posted on the qos facebook site but there version without a frontman on the board loool .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)