+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Message from the club

Message from the club

A superb message from the club on the official site:

"With the situation we find ourselves in, it’s understandable that emotions are running high. However, in times of need we must all stick together.

We have three big games between now and the end of the season and we are encouraging everyone to get behind the team. Although it is ultimately down to everyone at the club to pull us through the situation, please don’t under estimate the part the people of Dumfries can play.

The club has been around for 100 years, long before all of us and will hopefully be around a long time after for many others to enjoy.

It’s a crucial time for us all and we must pull together. Dumfries needs Queen of the South and we need the people of Dumfries. Dumfries is Queen of the South and Queen of the South is Dumfries.

Our aim is to keep full-time football in Dumfries as long as possible as it’s what we feel the town deserves. There are many rumours doing the rounds that we are going part-time. As we told shareholders at our AGM in February, that is not the case and nothing has changed. There will still be full time football at Palmerston next season.

We have many fantastic volunteers who keep the club going and who try to raise the profile of the club and we thank them for their efforts, but there is only so much they can do. It’s time for everyone to get their hands dirty. There is no need to hide behind computer keyboards, The Board are always open to ideas and willing to listen to the thoughts of supporters, that is why we operate an open door policy.

We are all in this together.

People of Dumfries, this is not our club, Queen of the South are YOUR club, therefore for this important run in to the end of the season, we ask you to put to one side any personal opinions, feelings etc. and support the club. Whether that’s by those who attend regularly bringing along a friend or those who haven’t been for a while getting back along, please put the club first and give us your full backing.

Come along and be the twelfth man!"

You can't say fairer than that.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    A superb message from the club on the official site:

"With the situation we find ourselves in, it’s understandable that emotions are running high. However, in times of need we must all stick together.

We have three big games between now and the end of the season and we are encouraging everyone to get behind the team. Although it is ultimately down to everyone at the club to pull us through the situation, please don’t under estimate the part the people of Dumfries can play.

The club has been around for 100 years, long before all of us and will hopefully be around a long time after for many others to enjoy.

It’s a crucial time for us all and we must pull together. Dumfries needs Queen of the South and we need the people of Dumfries. Dumfries is Queen of the South and Queen of the South is Dumfries.

Our aim is to keep full-time football in Dumfries as long as possible as it’s what we feel the town deserves. There are many rumours doing the rounds that we are going part-time. As we told shareholders at our AGM in February, that is not the case and nothing has changed. There will still be full time football at Palmerston next season.

We have many fantastic volunteers who keep the club going and who try to raise the profile of the club and we thank them for their efforts, but there is only so much they can do. It’s time for everyone to get their hands dirty. There is no need to hide behind computer keyboards, The Board are always open to ideas and willing to listen to the thoughts of supporters, that is why we operate an open door policy.

We are all in this together.

People of Dumfries, this is not our club, Queen of the South are YOUR club, therefore for this important run in to the end of the season, we ask you to put to one side any personal opinions, feelings etc. and support the club. Whether that’s by those who attend regularly bringing along a friend or those who haven’t been for a while getting back along, please put the club first and give us your full backing.

Come along and be the twelfth man!"

You can't say fairer than that.
    Hopefully Jardi it will have the desired effect come Saturday!!!

That’s a good statement from the club but you’ll not be surprised that some still aren’t happy. I honestly don’t know why some of these supporters follow Queens when all the ever do is moan.

That bizarre Alloa goal, Dunfermline's missed pen v Falkirk , everything seems to be going against us. There is a saying though about making your own luck and this we must do at this critical stage with only 3 games left. A win v Dunfermilne is a MUST especially as next week Ross Co will be determined to put on a show for the camera's and Thistle will turn Palmerston into a home game on the last day of the season. This bizarre season with some brilliant early football before stepping into quicksand ( up to out necks now) is amongst the strangest I can remember . What more can we do apart from turn up, hope the manager sets up with two up front and go for the win from start to finish. Slow starts are something that has hurt us for large parts of the season but there is no room for this now, no room for error. For Gods sake , just win.
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 17-04-2019 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    That bizarre Alloa goal, Dunfermline's missed pen v Falkirk , everything seems to be going against us. There is a saying though about making your own luck and this we must do at this critical stage with only 3 games left. A win v Dunfermilne is a MUST especially as next week Ross Co will be determined to put on a show for the camera's and Thistle will turn Palmerston into a home game on the last day of the season. This bizarre season with some brilliant early football before stepping into quicksand ( up to out necks now) is amongst the strangest I can remember . What more can we do apart from turn up, hope the manager sets up with two up front and go for the win from start to finish. Slow starts are something that has hurt us for large parts of the season but there is no room for this now, no room for error. For Gods sake , just win.
    All very valid points and I for one will not care one jot about the style of the performance this Saturday if we can start taking chances and get the win we are all craving. Truly bizarre season indeed but we do have the exciting end but not the one were we expecting or wanting but time to get fully behind the team.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_dumfries View Post
    That’s a good statement from the club but you’ll not be surprised that some still aren’t happy. I honestly don’t know why some of these supporters follow Queens when all the ever do is moan.
    I think it's an excellent statement. Personally I'd have left out any reference to people hiding behind computer keyboards. I can understand some reading that as a veiled criticism though I'm pretty certain that's not the intention. We also need to remember that some who chose to vent criticism of the club on forums such as this are often still big supporters of the club on a day to day basis. Criticising or for that matter expressing concerns on here or on Pie and Bovril isn't the same as not supporting the club both financially and at matches.
    Anyway time for us all to pull together.

Dobmeister, - a good post.

I actually think the reference to "hiding behind computer keyboards" was well intentioned because it infers that the club would prefer people to come and vent their displeasure in person, rather than via a keyboard, as the danger there is that conspiracy theories can be spawned, - quickly growing arms and legs to the extent that they are considered by many as facts.

An 'open door policy' is one that we should all take advantage of, - because in essence an open door allows the flow of ideas and information both ways.

One thing that I would like to say is: if Queens manage to beat Dunfermline on Saturday (and let no-one be under any illusion, that will be a big ask) then there would be 6 clubs, - yes six clubs, - (some of them too big to fail) who would be in danger of the automatic relegation spot.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Dobmeister, - a good post.

I actually think the reference to "hiding behind computer keyboards" was well intentioned because it infers that the club would prefer people to come and vent their displeasure in person, rather than via a keyboard, as the danger there is that conspiracy theories can be spawned, - quickly growing arms and legs to the extent that they are considered by many as facts.

An 'open door policy' is one that we should all take advantage of, - because in essence an open door allows the flow of ideas and information both ways.

One thing that I would like to say is: if Queens manage to beat Dunfermline on Saturday (and let no-one be under any illusion, that will be a big ask) then there would be 6 clubs, - yes six clubs, - (some of them too big to fail) who would be in danger of the automatic relegation spot.

Isn’t it quite ironic that those offended by the keyboard warriors reference are the keyboard warriors themselves.

Get it up them

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_dumfries View Post
    Isn’t it quite ironic that those offended by the keyboard warriors reference are the keyboard warriors themselves.

Get it up them
    I'm assuming you missed the line in the excellent statement saying we're all in this together

Thanks Jardi.
    I agree that the computer keyboards reference was for the reasons you highlight but still feel it could have been better put.
    Even if Dunfermline lose on Saturday and I pray that they do then they won`t be drawn into the fight. It's mathematically possible but given the number of head to heads between the bottom teams it's highly unlikely they'll finish 9th never mind 10th.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)