+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If Burnley beat Man City...

If Burnley beat Man City...

Being an Aussie and knowing very little about Burnley's local rivalry, can anyone post what their reaction would be to a Burnley win against Man City in two rounds' time? Of course we'd all be jubilant if we beat City, but would it gift the EPL title to Liverpool? What's the reaction to be from Burnley supporters if Liverpool win the title? What's the reaction if Burnley are the ones that also stymie the quadruple? I'd love that in some way, but would feel for Man City? From what I know, as long as it's not gifting Blackburn we are happy. Please get me up to date on the teams I'm supposed to despise (too strong a word?).

I used to have a soft spot for City but not any more.

Teams like City have made the Prem uncompetitive. They are able to buy practically any player or manager in the world and if I were a City fan any success would feel hollow.

The sooner one of the "big" clubs goes belly up the better - but I'm not holding my breath.

I have a bit more time for Liverpool - but not much.

Burnley v Man City is a true David v Goliath fixture and whenever we get a result in these type of games it gives us a real boost.

I'm not in the least bit interested whether City or Liverpool win the title but I am passionate about my club.

Come on Burnley! (starting at Chelsea)

I could not care a flying fxxx at a rolling doughnut as to who wins the title. Our results against Chelsea City Everton and Arsenal are all that matters to me.

Money may buy you the best players in the world but when your manager goes on TV and complains that they cannot even sell their home allocation of seat tickets for a Champions League Quarter Final there is an issue.

There are 3 divisions in the EPL.The Top 6,the bottom 6 and the ones in the middle.Last year we did really well to win the middle division but this year we might just be able to squeeze in to that division.In my opinion we are doing extraordinarily well but to progress we would probably need to be taken over by a billionaire and the majority of our supporters would be very unhappy if that happened.

If Burnley beat Man City... I will show my arse in the Big Window on Manchester Road in Burnley.

"If Burnley beat Man City... I will show my arse in the Big Window on Manchester Road in Burnley. "

(Just in case you missed it)

if we beat MC....i'd be looking at what they did wrong - imaginings like sunbathing or looking at supercar magazines... when they should've been playing football....and if The Reds won he title....it's because they had the likes of The Beatles, The Liver birds and Shipping trade....so every now and again... have to be given a chance to puff up their chest - in remembrance of that notability.

There is more chance of me sh@gging the child bride than Burnley beating Citeh..

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    "If Burnley beat Man City... I will show my arse in the Big Window on Manchester Road in Burnley. "

(Just in case you missed it)
    rumour has it that it wouldn't fit in the window..lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)