+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lampard’s transfer dealings.

Lampard’s transfer dealings.

Not long to go and one of the best ways of assessing a new manager’s achievements is his success or otherwise in the transfer market. So here goes...thoughts on Frank’s signings.

Tomori 8
    Wilson 7
    Mount 7...
    ...doubt any of them would have been with us without the attraction of Lampard’s association but it seems unlikely that any will be ‘building blocks’ for next season.

Marriott. 5...but on target for 8/9 before the ‘illness’ issue.
    Jozefzoon. 3...a major disappointment.
    Holmes. 7...best of the long term signings.
    Waghorn. 6...wasted out wide but a decent signing with plenty still to offer.
    Malone...5...good squad player but not the answer.
    Cole...3...silly old pals act signing.
    Evans...3...contributed little.
    Ambrose...N/A...who? Couldn’t Wisdom have covered CD?

So at least four of the incomers have, imo, fallen into the waste of money category which begs the question why did we have to get rid of Cameron Jerome and Pearce who would, again imo, have offered DCFC more than Jozefzoon, Cole, Evans and Ambrose put together?

On the credit side...the improvement in Roos and Bogle has also been encouraging.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by ramAnag; 17-04-2019 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Not long to go and one of the best ways of assessing a new manager’s achievements is his success or otherwise in the transfer market. So here goes...thoughts on Frank’s signings.

Tomori 8
    Wilson 7
    Mount 7...
    ...doubt any of them would have been with us without the attraction of Lampard’s association but it seems unlikely that any will be ‘building blocks’ for next season.

Marriott. 5...but on target for 8/9 before the ‘illness’ issue.
    Jozefzoon. 3...a major disappointment.
    Holmes. 7...best of the long term signings.
    Waghorn. 6...wasted out wide but a decent signing with plenty still to offer.
    Malone...5...good squad player but not the answer.
    Cole...3...silly old pals act signing.
    Evans...3...contributed little.
    Ambrose...N/A...who? Couldn’t Wisdom have covered CD?

So at least four of the incomers have, imo, fallen into the waste of money category which begs the question why did we have to get rid of Cameron Jerome and Pearce who would, again imo, have offered DCFC more than Jozefzoon, Cole, Evans and Ambrose put together?

On the credit side...the improvement in Roos and Bogle has also been encouraging.

Thoughts?
    RA agree with you on all that we just leak money don't we Apart from the loans i think the permanents have turned out has i expected I've seen Evans twice this last week for the U23s and been quite impressed he's a lot more mobile than I thought Maybe he's not just a holding midfielder may have future with us after all

That's a really good analysis, I couldn't agree more. I'd totally forgotten about Evans, very disappointing.

The worrying thing for me, is that repeating a quality loan signing will be difficult. That's where I felt we struggled in Mac's 1st full season after the quality loans he brought in that took us to Wembley.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    RA agree with you on all that we just leak money don't we Apart from the loans i think the permanents have turned out has i expected I've seen Evans twice this last week for the U23s and been quite impressed he's a lot more mobile than I thought Maybe he's not just a holding midfielder may have future with us after all
    You may be right about Evans, mista but from what I’ve seen he’s distinctly average.

Not sure who McClaren’s quality loans were, Adi...Wisdom and Thorne? No one else in that squad was a loanee were they? Can’t remember who brought Wisdom in...thought it was Clough.

Tomori 8
    Wilson 7 - would have been higher if he could stay upright more
    Mount 7 - .would have been higher if he hadn't had those 2 (1 long and 1 short) injuries

Replacing them will be difficult unless 'Pool and Chelsea (maybe Citeh too) entrust us with more of their budding stars

Marriott. 6...but on target for 8/9 before the ‘illness’ issue. Pretty much in agreement with rA on this one
    Jozefzoon. 3...a major disappointment. - As I predicted when we signed him. One occasion where I hate to be proven right.
    Holmes. 7...best of the long term signings. Feisty young lad and I like the cut of his jib.
    Waghorn. 6...wasted out wide but a decent signing with plenty still to offer. - Agreed. If only he had been used centrally more often. He finally showed his link up play in the last game. More of the same please.
    Malone...6...good squad player but not the answer.
    Cole...3...silly old pals act signing. - 5 to 6 for me. short of players at LB and he has done the job well when he has filled in.
    Evans...3...contributed little - due to injury. When he has played I haven't been impressed. Time will tell.
    Ambrose...N/A...who? Couldn’t Wisdom have covered CD. - My thoughts when we signed him

Lampard - 6 a good start to his managerial career. More good signings than bad which is how it should be. Needs a plan B and C for when things go wrong and for when we play the physical sides we always seem to struggle against.

You may be right about Evans, mista but from what I’ve seen he’s distinctly average.

Not sure who McClaren’s quality loans were, Adi...Wisdom and Thorne? No one else in that squad was a loanee were they? Can’t remember who brought Wisdom in...thought it was Clough.
    Bamford, Lingard, and Ibe who I especially thought made a huge difference, Ince just wasn't as good in replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    Bamford, Lingard, and Ibe who I especially thought made a huge difference, Ince just wasn't as good in replacement.
    Forgotten that Mac brought in Bamford and although he only played about two minutes at Wembley he did make a difference that season.
    The other two were the year afterwards I think. Ibe was excellent but I never really thought Lingard made that much difference...quite surprised at the success he’s since had.

Just had a thought..... might Efe Ambrose be seen as Tomori's replacement for next season?

RA Evan's was unlucky to get injured so early in his Derby career Then to throw him in at Leeds when he obviously wasn't fit was not a clever move Must admit I didn't like what but I saw of him but he looks fit and strong now not saying he's going to set the world alight But then again we've got enough of them in squad as it is

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Just had a thought..... might Efe Ambrose be seen as Tomori's replacement for next season?
    If he is why only a short term contract and why hasn’t he had a look in?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)