+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lampard’s transfer dealings.

Woodwork is all about arranging things in neat little boxes..........

What an oddity TW was, but we suddenly stopped leaking goals when he joined. I recall his first game (Bradford?), he let fly with an absolute bazooka of a shot,but even as it fizzed just over the bar and we were in mid’ooooh’, he’d already dismissed it and turned his back on it, trotting back to defence....best loan signing imo Bobby Davidson who came so close to dragging us back to the top flight with his 8 goal cameo in 91

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    I suppose we could form an employing company that owns the player employment contracts, thus we could remove all our salary costs etc from the club into that company, and recharge the FFP assessed club at about half the true cost?
    The FIFA Law on 3rd party ownership of players (Remember Wet Spam and Tevez?) puts a stop to this idea Geoff or I'm sure Mel would have done it

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    What an oddity TW was, but we suddenly stopped leaking goals when he joined. I recall his first game (Bradford?), he let fly with an absolute bazooka of a shot,but even as it fizzed just over the bar and we were in mid’ooooh’, he’d already dismissed it and turned his back on it, trotting back to defence....best loan signing imo Bobby Davidson who came so close to dragging us back to the top flight with his 8 goal cameo in 91
    Remember Bobby D’s return with similar fondness, Andy...wasn’t he playing alongside Ian Ormandroyd, a real ‘little and large’ double act?
    My favourite loan signing has to be Leon Osman though...what a difference his leadership and energy made to a side that would otherwise, imo, have been relegated.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Remember Bobby D’s return with similar fondness, Andy...wasn’t he playing alongside Ian Ormandroyd, a real ‘little and large’ double act?
    My favourite loan signing has to be Leon Osman though...what a difference his leadership and energy made to a side that would otherwise, imo, have been relegated.
    Yes agreed, wise head on young shoulders,still comes across well as a pundit

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    The FIFA Law on 3rd party ownership of players (Remember Wet Spam and Tevez?) puts a stop to this idea Geoff or I'm sure Mel would have done it
    But is it outlawed if it is done in the same legal ownership group?

But is it outlawed if it is done in the same legal ownership group?
    Players have to be registered with and owned by the Football Club and not some step-sister company.

Aha, so that won't work, and I guess all the non playing staff/costs have been shunted sideways or up already.

I wonder how many other clubs do this stripping out of costs from the "regulated entity" to enhance FFP compliance?

Im not so sure that FFP is in fact a reason not to spend, although it may be put out as such - unless Gibson gets his way and disallows our "manouvres".

In that FFP is on a three year rolling cycle, the profitable 2018 year with £14m profit not only gets us out of the current year problem, but also can be included in the next two FFP cyclical calculations, given us greater loss making capability going forward.

Its all smoke and mirrors but our FFP management seems to have been a tad edgy. Strip the academy out of the Club's accounts, thus soaking up its costs straight into the holding company, and not via the club itself (where it would otherwise have increased the FFP loss). Same with Club DCFC, avoiding a £ 3.2m loss, same with Stadia DCFC, avoiding a £ 4.3m loss. Then sell the stadium within the group and create a paper profit in the club of £ 40m.

That said there isnt much more scope for stripping costs out of the club's accounts and pushing them up a tier, or no more assets to crystallise paper profits on.

I suppose we could form an employing company that owns the player employment contracts, thus we could remove all our salary costs etc from the club into that company, and recharge the FFP assessed club at about half the true cost?
    Gibson.. the same Gibson who spunked millions up the wall on average dross and then took losses on some of them to get rid?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)