+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: Killie Roll call match thread and sh1t

Having just watched the highlights it was a superb block from young Ethan Ross to deny O’Donnell a chance at goal.

Anyone know what position Ross plays,left back or left midfield?

Quote Originally Posted by its_a_goal View Post
    Don't understand the love for Clarke. Yes he's improved Killie, but he hasn't won anything yet, hasn't been to a final, finished below Aberdeen last year, currently below Aberdeen this year, has only beaten a McInnes team once so far (thanks Craig Thompson). What am I missing?
    Erm, he’s taken Killie from bottom of the league to genuine challengers for Europe in 18 months.

They took more points in 2018 calendar year than any other team.

They are a genuine top six team this year. Derserve to be where they are & are well ahead of bigger clubs like the Edinburgh two.

All this on a fraction of the budget of his top six rivals.

He’s proven excellent at identifying players to mould into a solid team unit & in getting the most out of individual players. He’s clearly making the sum of the parts of his Killie team deliver way above what would be expected.

That’s what good managers do - and that’s exactly what AFC require from our next manager if we’re ever going to have aspirations of progressing from where we are now.

Murty owned McInnes last year. Doesn’t mean we should be after him. These things happen.

I’d have Clarke up here tomorrow.

That good enough for you?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    Erm, he’s taken Killie from bottom of the league to genuine challengers for Europe in 18 months.

They are a genuine top six team this year. Derserve to be where they are & are well ahead of bigger clubs like the Edinburgh two.

He’s proven excellent at identifying players to mould into a solid team unit & in getting the most out of individual players. He’s clearly making the sum of the parts of his Killie team deliver way above what would be expected.

That’s what good managers do - and that’s exactly what AFC require from our next manager if we’re ever going to have aspirations of progressing from where we are now.

Murty owned McInnes last year. Doesn’t mean we should be after him. These things happen.

Aye but fit has he actually done

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post

Mmmm, didn’t McInnes take us from 9th or 10th place to 3rd in his first season?

“He’s proven excellent at identifying players to mould into a solid team unit & in getting the most out of individual players.” - I don’t know the Killie team well enough to know who you are referring to.

“He’s clearly making the sum of the parts of his Killie team deliver way above what would be expected.” - I have no idea what is expected of him.

I don’t think the Murty / McInnes comparison is nearly the same in terms of results of the situation. It’s obvious McInnes head was elsewhere for a couple of these games. McInnes and Clarke have faced each other many more time and the only time Clarke has been victorious was thanks to the ref.

Clarke’s Killie are more horrible to watch than we are and that’s saying something.

So, no that’s not enough for me. I’d still prefer McInnes to Clarke.

Quote Originally Posted by its_a_goal View Post
    Mmmm, didn’t McInnes take us from 9th or 10th place to 3rd in his first season?

“He’s proven excellent at identifying players to mould into a solid team unit & in getting the most out of individual players.” - I don’t know the Killie team well enough to know who you are referring to.

“He’s clearly making the sum of the parts of his Killie team deliver way above what would be expected.” - I have no idea what is expected of him.

I don’t think the Murty / McInnes comparison is nearly the same in terms of results of the situation. It’s obvious McInnes head was elsewhere for a couple of these games. McInnes and Clarke have faced each other many more time and the only time Clarke has been victorious was thanks to the ref.

Clarke’s Killie are more horrible to watch than we are and that’s saying something.

So, no that’s not enough for me. I’d still prefer McInnes to Clarke.
    Sorry, I should have finished with it’s irrelevant what we all want, because if a change were to be made Stuarty would be the one making the choice and based on the experiences so far, there’s more chance of Stevie May scoring a hat trick next week, than Milne making a decent choice.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Having just watched the highlights it was a superb block from young Ethan Ross to deny O’Donnell a chance at goal.

He’s a left winger for the u-20’s/reserves

I can see what moog is saying in regards to Clarke,he hasn’t really made that much signings so has basically turned a squad from relegation candidates into a team that will more than likely qualify for Europe.

At the same time as it’s s goal pointed out McInnes done exactly the same thing with us and won a trophy with a team who finished in the bottom 6 for the previous 4 seasons.

I would say that Clarke made Stewart into a player so it would be interesting to see if he could get the likes of May back to his St Johnstone form.

Clarke's done well at pretty much whatever gig he's been in
    How he ever ended up at Killie......nae idea.
    This was a guy, remember, that had West Brom eighth in the Moneyball league
    Killie should be nowhere near where they are, but they are.

I'd imagine he'll end up at Fulham or QPR, but remember he can out-pragmatic Del when required.........no shots at goal at the Pitt, but job done 0-0.

I can see what moog is saying in regards to Clarke,he hasn’t really made that much signings so has basically turned a squad from relegation candidates into a team that will more than likely qualify for Europe.

At the same time as it’s s goal pointed out McInnes done exactly the same thing with us and won a trophy with a team who finished in the bottom 6 for the previous 4 seasons.

I would say that Clarke made Stewart into a player so it would be interesting to see if he could get the likes of May back to his St Johnstone form.
    If Clarke could get May to score just one goal, I’d have him in a heartbeat!

It was pretty hard to tell who was playing where yesterday after Devlin was subbed. It looked like Lowe wasn't sure of what he was meant to be doing once Ross came on. After the block I think young Ethan informed Max of exactly what he was expecting of him.

Well done young man.

Big Halford looked to have minimum mobility and I'd be shocked if he gets another run (?) out.

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast