+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ritchie

Ritchie

In a few places today that Rafa has said he can go in the summer.

Firstly - if Rafa hasn't agreed a new contract then i struggle to believe that he'll be telling key players they can leave.

Secondly - I could see this happening, he's allegedly wanted to go for a couple of seasons, allegedly. He's got a few years left on his contract which means we'd get a good price and if we were going to sell, now is a good time.

Ritchie is brilliant for his attitude and work ethic, as he gets older he may not be able to maintain the work ethic to the level he wants.

I don't massively want him to leave but if he is going to then this is probably the most opportune time for us and for him as it means he can aim for one last pay day.

IF he does leave, which would be sad but not the end of the world, we would be able to say that he has been a superb servant to us during his years with us.

That’s a great thing when you think about it, for him and for us.

We have to move forward as a club buying better players ,shelves Ritchie and more need to move on ,we've had our bit out of them and they've had theirs .

Both good points, lads. It reminds me a bit of the Nolan situation, i.e a valuable player now but his 'powers', such as they are, will start to wane well before the extension he wants. I'd like to see him stay but I'd rather he was a backup to a new winger we bring in. He wouldn't (naturally) be too keen and might fancy a move away anyway.

main points already made, but also wasn't there rumours he wanted to leave last year to back doon sooth

Quote Originally Posted by toonlegend View Post
    main points already made, but also wasn't there rumours he wanted to leave last year to back doon sooth
    Aye, although he rubbished them. Which you'd expect.

No smoke without fire thought maybe. . . ?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)