+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: ....just another Music thread !

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Who likes nine inch .?
    Thanks Alf.

as most bands - I like 'some' but 'not all' of what they offer up....as there's not many albums I can sit through without skipping to another track - thats something in the more modern formats favour - easier than getting up and lifting the needle....or winding forward.

quite like this....9 inch track.

God money's not looking for the cure.

Nine Inch Nails - Head Like A Hole

Cheers.

....guess it's time for the judgment day

Zager & Evans -In the Year 2525.

Always thought this band was English, turns out they were Australian with NZ singer. Considered one of the best songs of Australian Progressive Rock, I love the organ sounds. Too young to know how good this was at the time...but thanks to the internet.... please listen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEmsy0UgqoA

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretofOz View Post
    Always thought this band was English, turns out they were Australian with NZ singer. Considered one of the best songs of Australian Progressive Rock, I love the organ sounds. Too young to know how good this was at the time...but thanks to the internet.... please listen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEmsy0UgqoA
    I didn't know of it - Coz....that singer ( Lindsay Wells )....has a fine vocal range, certainly at the high end -- but didn't get the oddly placed hammond ditty at 1:38 - 1:57....(finicky me) otherwise - agree, Good stuff .....and Thanks !

Old live recording was 'Special' - but to appreciate it more - have posted just the music - hope you dont mind.

Cheers.

Last edited by Norder; 18-08-2019 at 02:05 AM.

"Suspended in Gaffa" is a song recorded by Kate Bush. It was the third single release from her album The Dreaming. "Suspended in Gaffa" was released as a single in continental Europe and Australia, but not in the UK, where"There Goes a Tenner" was released instead.
    "There Goes a Tenner" gained no interest from any radio stations nor did the song's video on music television programmes. Due to this lack of media interest, the single did not sell well and became Bush's first single to miss the top 75 in the UK, peaking at 93

so.....lets hear the one that should've been.

"Thank you for yanking me back to the fact that there's always something to distract..."

Kate Bush - Suspended In Gaffa.

"The Look of Love"....Liza Minnelli, an Interesting Version imo....as hear it as somewhat anxious, removed even - at times sardonic perhaps ?

Liza Minnelli - The Look of Love.

Well, I stand up next to a mountain.....
    Chop it down with the edge of my hand

Jimi Hendrix - Voodoo Child, 1969.

"Quenchin the thirst of Power Dons,
    ....that five sided fist-a-gon"

Rage Against The Machine - Bulls on Parade.

Jeez, Norder! Your musical taste is varied beyond comprehension - it's a long way from Liza to Nine Inch Nails! Nevertheless, it's commendable that you are open to so many styles and eras. As a young Melburnian in the late 70s and early 80s I never had the guts to openly idolise my favourite band ever - Madness, for fear of being ridiculed / ostracised for being a punk / skahead. Now, my daughter wears Doc Martin's, and I've never owned a pair. She and the good lady came with me to Madness gig in Melbourne two or three years ago (same venue as 35 years previous that I went to as an 18 year old) and it was great. Some (not all) of their 40 year discography is masterful, notably Liberty of Norton Folgate of recent times. But like you, my taste is all over the place. Stay tuned!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EAz-_Enmfw

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretofOz View Post
    Jeez, Norder! Your musical taste is varied beyond comprehension - it's a long way from Liza to Nine Inch Nails! Nevertheless, it's commendable that you are open to so many styles and eras. As a young Melburnian in the late 70s and early 80s I never had the guts to openly idolise my favourite band ever - Madness, for fear of being ridiculed / ostracised for being a punk / skahead. Now, my daughter wears Doc Martin's, and I've never owned a pair. She and the good lady came with me to Madness gig in Melbourne two or three years ago (same venue as 35 years previous that I went to as an 18 year old) and it was great. Some (not all) of their 40 year discography is masterful, notably Liberty of Norton Folgate of recent times. But like you, my taste is all over the place. Stay tuned!

....I can't take complete responsibility for NIN's - Oz - was a choice loaded by Alf...though I was happy to help it along, and yep.....I'll listen to mostly any category of music, just has to contain some musical or lyrical attraction, could be one song from one band (not all) - so could be if you were to ask me if I like the band x, I might say....well not really, but there was that one song.
    I think I did at one time own a pair of doc martins, though wasn't to make a statement, I did that with a fishtail parka, with zips and a mohican, then long hair and denim - but could never manage to stretch myself to teddy boy brothel creepers, though I always thought they looked real comfy.
    A fine track you chose from Madness, I never went to see them, but do recall them playing at the Camden Music Machine, some folk I knew from a band of the time went for a look, though they were busy times, free feeling go with the flow lots happening days....."Liberty".....but then, came the yuppies, mobile phones and hippy wigs on sale in woolworths !

Look forward to you adding more C'O....and that goes for everyone - help liven up this quiet corner of the forum a little.

Cheers.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)