+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T - Tottenham

O/T - Tottenham

Well done Spurs. Absolute privilege to watch that tonight. Possibly the best game of football I’ve seen in a long, long, long time.

And not a Largs 4-2-3-1 in sight.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Well done Spurs. Absolute privilege to watch that tonight. Possibly the best game of football I’ve seen in a long, long, long time.

And not a Largs 4-2-3-1 in sight.
    Unbelievable. I go down to see Spurs a couple of times a season but that even surpassed the 5-4 v Leicester at the end of last season I witnessed. Ajax next...... Anything can happen.

COYS

What a last couple of nights that’s been. The final should be a belter.

Happy for Pochettino, really hope they win it

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Happy for Pochettino, really hope they win it
    Agree .

Last night was brilliant,i know some posters hate Liverpool but i as a true Scot have always had an empathy with the scousers and with Robertson our ex player running riot in England i think their triumph v Barca was up there with our 4 wins and both my team's provided more of a miracle than Spurs tonight.
    Spurs with their 1 billion pound stadium did brilliant tonight versus a team with a smaller wage budget than Celtic,last night Liverpool destroyed one of the richest clubs in the world with the best player on the planet in their team,FACT.

Disagree GB, that Barca side are hardly vintage, very very good yes but Messi carries them to more than they are, including the first leg last week, they have a habit of throwing away leads in the knockout stage recently, think that's three years in a row they have lost 3-0 3-0 and 4-0 to Roma, Juve and Liverpool with a lot of shoddy defending/keeping involved each time

Let's not forget Liverpool are a billionaire funded and have spent a lot of money, had freshness and athleticism in abundance on their side vs an aging barca too, hardly David versus goliath

For me tonight was more impressive, going 2-0 down on the night away from home, 3-0 on aggregate against a very good Ajax side who have knocked out Juve and Madrid already, Spurs haven't signed a player for a couple years now too

Either way, two sides from England in this day and age getting to latter stages is no big deal when they are part of the top few teams, they have huge resources, the way they came back though was impressive and entertaining to watch

Really happy for Andy, delighted at what he is doing, was obvious how good he was when with us and he has kept improving, still hope to see Tottenham triumph in three weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Disagree GB, that Barca side are hardly vintage, very very good yes but Messi carries them to more than they are, including the first leg last week, they have a habit of throwing away leads in the knockout stage recently, think that's three years in a row they have lost 3-0 3-0 and 4-0 to Roma, Juve and Liverpool with a lot of shoddy defending/keeping involved each time

Let's not forget Liverpool are a billionaire funded and have spent a lot of money, had freshness and athleticism in abundance on their side vs an aging barca too, hardly David versus goliath

For me tonight was more impressive, going 2-0 down on the night away from home, 3-0 on aggregate against a very good Ajax side who have knocked out Juve and Madrid already, Spurs haven't signed a player for a couple years now too

Either way, two sides from England in this day and age getting to latter stages is no big deal when they are part of the top few teams, they have huge resources, the way they came back though was impressive and entertaining to watch

Really happy for Andy, delighted at what he is doing, was obvious how good he was when with us and he has kept improving, still hope to see Tottenham triumph in three weeks.
    Liverpool have 2 full backs that cost them 8 million,City sponsored by an oil rich country bought 3 full backs for around 130 million and yet they have never done the business in europe and only lead Liverpool by 1 point.

Ajax have a smaller budget than Celtic the truth is they blew it in both legs v Spurs where in the early stages of both games they were by far the better team and should have finished the tie.Liverpool have spent a fraction of what City have in net terms,FACT.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)