+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Man City v Spurs

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    I agree, I don’t get this anti-var rhetoric. Surely everyone wants to go home knowing that the correct result was obtained?

Football fans are a strange breed.

Certainly are. Reminds me of that song, *ahem*

Var, woah woah woo wo, what is it good for?
    Absolutely nothing, say it again, ya'll.

Football grounds are not courts of law, we're supposed to be watching a "game* not a trial. Football has to exist in the moment, we can't be far off 3D mapping or GPS which could deliver that for offside decisions, that's when VAR should be introduced, not before. What we saw last night will suck the life out of the game. We're going to reach the point where people remain in their seat after a goal has been scored and wait......................
    to see if VAR has ruled it out or not.

If Notts become non league does it become acceptable to support a big club as well because Spurs are great. Only have to look at the two subs benches last night to see how big an achievement it was to beat City over 2 legs.

Var is terrible, I never wanted technology brought into football. Obviously would have done us good if we’d had it against Coventry, but realistically when will it be brought in to the lower leagues and non league? It’s ridiculous at the moment that it’s there for some FA Cup games and not others. You’re literally having games in the same competition played under different rules.

I found it bizarre that Swansea were unable to have VAR for the cup match against Man City a few weeks ago but did have it against us last season just because the game was on the TV and they were in the Premier League at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    I found it bizarre that Swansea were unable to have VAR for the cup match against Man City a few weeks ago but did have it against us last season just because the game was on the TV and they were in the Premier League at the time.
    Correct it was an absolute joke but this is the FA we are talking about.

Anyone with any common sense would say VAR is in ALL FA Cup games from the 1st round, as like Big Pie says some are playing to different rules.

Not that we get this far or even win a game these days but Wembley should only be used for the final that is what made the final special in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Correct it was an absolute joke but this is the FA we are talking about.

Anyone with any common sense would say VAR is in ALL FA Cup games from the 1st round, as like Big Pie says some are playing to different rules.

Not that we get this far or even win a game these days but Wembley should only be used for the final that is what made the final special in the first place.
    As much as Man C's goal was offside, (and it was), I did think at the time that there was a use of a hand in Tot's goal?

https://talksport.com/football/52957...r-mark-halsey/

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    As much as Man C's goal was offside, (and it was), I did think at the time that there was a use of a hand in Tot's goal?

https://talksport.com/football/52957...r-mark-halsey/
    I think what saved the hand ball was his arm was by his side and the ball went to arm. Also, he was shoved by a city player before he touched the ball so you'd argue it should have been a penalty anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    I think what saved the hand ball was his arm was by his side and the ball went to arm. Also, he was shoved by a city player before he touched the ball so you'd argue it should have been a penalty anyway
    Talking of 'Match Fixing'.

https://www.thenationalherald.com/23...g-in-football/

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    All of that is true plus they didn't show the ref the angle where the touch on his forearm was most obvious!

Just before he gave the goal he shrugged his shoulders as if to say 'I don't know where this supposed handball is'.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    I look forward to reading more about that in the Nottingham (Forest) Post and listening about it on Radio Nottingham (Forest).

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast