+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What price brighton's stephens now?

What price brighton's stephens now?

Personally I never rated him but obviously Management did and had a go at getting him when Brighton were still in Championship.

Now a virtually relegated team (or that close) and you would think we would go in for him once again.

He would be cheap (i.e meet our evaluation for a 1960 Ford Consul)

Yes?

I don't think he would replace any of our recent excellent acquisitions (Hendrick, Cork, Westwood) Blue.

Having said that, it depends if Defour and Brady get fully fit and up to speed.

I'd like to see a driving, ball winning midfielder ...but don't ask me who.

Our team is not that far off being a bloody good one but we need to think about eventual replacements in one or two positions.

Nowt massive though - we don't need major surgery.

Stephens is nowhere near good enough for us, Tom Cairney is the one to buy and Wigan's Nick Powell might be worth a shout!

I still think Tom Davies is a good player to chase.

Davies has 13.5 million pounds valuation on Transfermarkt, contract expires 6/22. Does that make him un-gettable?

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretofOz View Post
    I still think Tom Davies is a good player to chase.
    So do I, but he is a committed Evertonian. I can't see the Toffees wanting to part with him either.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    I don't think he would replace any of our recent excellent acquisitions (Hendrick, Cork, Westwood) Blue.

Having said that, it depends if Defour and Brady get fully fit and up to speed.

I'd like to see a driving, ball winning midfielder ...but don't ask me who.

Our team is not that far off being a bloody good one but we need to think about eventual replacements in one or two positions.

Nowt massive though - we don't need major surgery.
    I’d tend to agree 59-60 as I don’t think he has any pace either ( cork technically better ) Westwood different player.
    And Hendrick I can’t quite work out , does a job for us but is that because we don’t have another option or because Dyche likes him doing what he does. ( creative wise -poor but work ethic is good ).
    I’m still of the opinion we need width with pace Wood and Barnes will get more goals from ball delivered from wide instead of diagonal with backs to goal.

JBG - don’t get at all - has talent but rarely expresses it as he should do. ( I know some on here love him - but I can’t see why ).

Maybe Dyche thwarts our wide men with shape and rigidity.

You only need to have watched the devastation that McNeil has caused from a wide position to realise that is the way to go. Look at the number of assists that Trippier had in one season mostly from a wide position. It's a no-brainer and it's what most of the premier clubs are doing every game. Mistakes happen in the box when defenders are put under pressure, result GOALS.

Totally agree frantastic.

The thing is, there are not many really good ones about and they don't come cheap.

We are blessed with McNeil at the moment and Tripps fairly recently - as you said.

Alas, we haven't got a similar right winger and that's why Sean has to be a pragmatist. Who knows? Perhaps Lennon will come back firing - an England international right winger with a few years left yet.

Let's just hope we can hang on to McNeil for a couple more seasons.

Pulling a ball in from the bye line is the surest way to score but we have had enormous difficulty in being able to do it.

McNeil is a Godsend, Morgan, Connelly, Pilkington, Harris, Little, McMinn, Morley, James, Cochrane, Kindon and Blake could all do it. If we could just prise Trippier or Sane away from a Champions League chasing club, all would be well!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)