+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Mcleish

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Is this not him basically saying he doesn’t want it.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.b...tball/47719505
    Not at all. He would jump at the chance. I would rather as a country we went for Derek McInnes though. He has been remarkable at Aberdeen Football Club.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    ^^^Yes.

So, Stuart Baxter...
    He has a better gig in South Africa. One of the highest crime rates in the world. AIDS, HIV and other diseases are in the abundance. Poverty related malnutrition is chronic. Rape is rife. A staggering percentage of the country is illiterate. There is one of the biggest racism problem in the world. Footballs not the number one sport or number two. Vuvuzelas are rife. The country as a whole is corrupt as f@ck

If he was to be Scotland manager he would be subjected to Doe a F@cking Deer

Better off staying where he is

I was at one of the various "meet the manager" evenings at Pittodrie (think it was the one last season) where McInnes was asked about the Scotland job and the gist of his response at that time was he would be flattered to be asked.

Unlike some on here I am not (yet) in the camp of change the manager but you do have to wonder if he was offered it (and I'm not sure he will be the SFA choice) would he be tempted to take it. He won't get another club job in Scotland that would interest him and it's pretty clear he won't be offered a Championship job so where does his career go from here? His choice is go for an English League one job and try to get a better gig on the back of doing well at a Fleetwood type job but that would be a huge gamble or to stay at Aberdeen and increasingly play for the crumbs from the bigot brothers table until eventually he has such a bad season the fans turn against him enough for Milne to remove him.

As I say I wouldn't at all be surprised that he would see the Scotland job as an escape route, try to get us qualified for a tournament (I actually think we have the basis of a half decent team if everyone could be motivated to turn up) and see that as his route to a better English job on the back of that. I'm just not sure he will be offered the job though

I think he might still try the English route. It’s not a huge gamble. He’s gone as far as he can here. He wouldn’t be out of work long if it went Pete Tong in Guff. A Hibs or Hearts job in the future would attract him.

I think he has the attributes to be Scotland manager one day. The majority of players want to play for him. That’s half the battle with the national side as we have good players

I think they might go cap in hand and, "parrrrticular" beg "Walter" to take the job.

If that happens......can you apply to change your nationality by deed poll?

Come on folks, who is going to be correct naming the next Scotland manager? I say Moyes as he is available.

It'll be Barry Ferguson, or Tosh McKinley, or someone like that. We've a long way to go...

It will be Steve Clarke if he wants it, if not him it'll be a numpty.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    I think they might go cap in hand and, "parrrrticular" beg "Walter" to take the job.

If that happens......can you apply to change your nationality by deed poll?
    Perhaps you could ? anyway, hope all is well, Mrs M’s funeral is next Friday at Feterreso.....no need to respond on a banter forum obviously, however, I’m sure there will be a nice turnout to support the family.

SF

Would DM put his name forward ?
    It would be a huge personal dilemma for him
    If he got the job he would save face
    If he applied and didnt get it........could he really show his face back at our club
    Like most Dons fans I feel a couple of seasons he might have gained a position in England perhaps Championship level, but his stock is not so high now.
    Major dilemma for him.
    Bonus for DM, the Scotland job does come around on a regular basis
    If not this time, there's always next time
    Personally, I dont think he will go for it this time round

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast